DASH CAM HELP

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

If you have run the cable up the seal like I have drawn in blue, this is what I was going to do.

You will have trapped the airbag, I can’t say what impact that would have if it was deployed. Not good !!

I stopped as soon as I saw the airbag behind the top of the A pillar trim.

I will have another go when I get the chance. The only safe way is removing the trim like tiger tony said.

DCB6DC8B-E4E0-4964-B212-8B67DD8BECA3.jpeg

Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0

DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

All done

The air bag looks like it goes all the way up the pillar

So I’m so pleased it’s now done properly

Thanks a lot

It only took 10 minutes

And as you say I didn’t need to take it right off

8439DF74-1624-4B93-A39D-DF56C481BE2C.jpeg

Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

All done and nicely back in place

Removing the trim would have been nicer but it really is fixed on very tightly

And as for using a lever it would have really worried me doing that anywhere near the airbag

So I’m pleased I managed to get the cable behind the airbag just by lifting the trim

Thanks a lot all

902FD472-01C3-4A91-A343-16D3FBA3A571.jpeg

Last edited by DazF05 on Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

And just to confirm the black line down the screen is a line of water (not a dreadfully fitted cable)

Thanks a lot for your fabulous advice everyone
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Having a Nextbase 522 fitted by my Skoda dealer next year! Have previously had two fitted by VW dealer on a couple of new cars. For me the peace of mind, and relatively modest fitting charges, should anything malfunction under warranty is worth the cost. Appreciate others feel it is an easy fit and have DIY without issues.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

I just like the challenge and the learning of doing these things myself

I think it would be a bit boring just paying someone to do it

Already fitted a new horn (that you can actually hear) and rear USB C sockets in the back for the kids

I just enjoy the tinkering
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

DazF05 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:23 pm I just like the challenge and the learning of doing these things myself

I think it would be a bit boring just paying someone to do it

Already fitted a new horn (that you can actually hear) and rear USB C sockets in the back for the kids

I just enjoy the tinkering
Go on then daz , tell us what horn you fitted and how you did it 😁
Last edited by chillyboy123 on Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

3B472B6A-928F-49D3-90C5-0753F1F56BF6.png

Hi

I fitted PIAA superior bass horns

They were actually pretty simple to fit

Just remove the cover underneath at the front 8 x T25 screws

Then remove standard horn and replace with a far better one

I actually wouldn’t recommend these horns but they are 70% better than the factory fit horns

If I was to do the job again I would just go to a scrap yard and purchase an old golf horn (or similar)

I would still say just about any standard car horn would be 60% better than the standard Enyaq horn

I do think that the tinny sound from the Enyaq horn is because of the front boot being empty it kind of vibrates the sound around

As for wiring it in I didn’t want to just cut the wires on the car, that would be be just be to drastic even for me (but the far easiest option) I actually removed the socket from the old horn and soldered new wires to the original socket that connects to the new horns

That way I am only damaging the old horn which was destined for the dustbin anyway

And the new horns just plug straight into the existing plug on the car

All in took an hour to change and OMG it sounds so much better

Dazf05
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

I used these horns :-

piaa-85110-horn-front-hr.jpg

Slightly higher pitch ones, but as you say much louder than original puny horn !

They're low current ones so no issues with burning out wiring or blowing fuses. Although the original fuse (15A) and wiring would have no problem in supporting bigger horns.

I may swap them out soon to larger Hella Super Tones as there is plenty of room behind the grille to fit them.

I also made my own jumper cable similar to yourself to connect the two new horns together and plug directly into original horn connector. I've made a few of these in the past for other VAG vehicles I have owned !

Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

The Enyaq / id4 horn is dreadful. I’m sure it’s the same one VW use in their Up! and Fox micro-cars 🤣

On the plus side, it’s made me a more tolerant driver, as I’m too embarrassed to use it except for absolute emergencies!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post