DASH CAM HELP

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

There's lots of those integrated fit dashcams for sale on AliExpress, some good ones and some real nasty ones too !

They all seem to share the same internals too - not exactly the latest technology but perfectly usable as a simple dashcam.

As someone who has fitted many different types dashcams over the years, I still haven't come across any UK reviews of these actual ones yet. It'll be good to see how easy they are to fit.

Just noticed that a small UK business seller is starting to peddle them now on Ebay. He has some VW ones listed but not yet Skoda - only a matter of time I guess.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/oewitness?_t ... 3561.l2563
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Dorsetandy wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:21 pm The cost of having a Nextbase camera, hardwire kit and SD card professionally fitted by my local Skoda dealer was just £200. Whilst I appreciate many will enjoy the challenge of a DIY fit this is not a risk I was willing to take. In my example the B pillar trim has to be replaced - the cost of this replacement is being borne by my Skoda dealer. So for me in terms of risk and reward, DIY fitting or even fitting by a non-Skoda dealer, runs some risk of warranty infringement, a risk I’m not willing to take to save a relatively small amount of money. This is simply my perspective am sure others will have an alternative view!
These cameras only seem to be offered by the Skoda U.K.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

If I'm reading the wiring diagram correctly (and I hate VW group wiring diagrams, the way the Japanese manufacturers do them make far more sense to me!), then that 12V supply to the rain sensor is pretty much straight off the battery with a big fuse. So you easily run a dashcam from that, but might need to find a switched 12V supply (or derive one).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

RichR wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:54 pm If I'm reading the wiring diagram correctly (and I hate VW group wiring diagrams, the way the Japanese manufacturers do them make far more sense to me!), then that 12V supply to the rain sensor is pretty much straight off the battery with a big fuse. So you easily run a dashcam from that, but might need to find a switched 12V supply (or derive one).
Yes you're right, it has the permanent 12v supply (30) and ground connection available (on page 11/3 - G397 rain sensor connector T3ak/1) . Thats supplied direct from Fuse SC44 ( 7.5A) . But no accompanying switched (15) supply. :(
Unless there are spare supply's up there not shown on the wiring diagram ?

The Interior dipping mirror has one ( on page 48/2 - Y7 dipping mirror connector T8v/1 ). Thats fed direct from Fuse SC59 (7.5A). But then this doesn't have any permanent 12v feed :(

Hmmm, not looking too easy at the moment !
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

Dorsetandy

My drivers side pillar has exactly the same crease in it as the passenger side

1C9D3FD6-4B3D-4C3C-85B1-85C41579B7C9.jpeg

So I just thought that was how the car was from the factory as I have never touched that side

Though I must say looking at your picture your crease is more obvious
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Wonder if it would be more or less obvious on the Sportline covers, which are grey not cream?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

There is a slight crease which is hardly noticeable on my drivers side pillar- guess when the pillar is removed, unless done very carefully the removal process increases the crease line. In fairness to my Dealer they pointed it out to me after fitting my dash cam, otherwise may not have noticed, at least not immediately. There is a difference between my right and left pillar creases - sorry can’t take photos as car still with the Dealer trying to sort out Sat Nav night mode - a replacement pillar trim should have fitted when I collect the car. Will upload a photo of the new trim replacement for comparison purposes.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

I too have a similar crease / line on both sides of my A pillars ! Never noticed till you guys pointed it out and I had to check mine. Although neither are really noticeable, and it all depends on light conditions and angle you view them at.

I think its just a moulding line of the plastic trim. Oh and mine are cream too.
RichR

Post by RichR »

The line is quite clear to see on my Sportline pillars too (this weekend was the first time I was in the car in daylight for ages) - the darker grey cloth maybe makes it slightly more obvious.

I guess it's the thin point in the plastic that's designed to split open when the airbag inflates?
videojedi

Post by videojedi »

Had mine fitted today. Front and rear. BlackVue DR750X.

https://blackvue.com/dashcams/full-hd-cloud/

I've fitted a few before myself, happy to pull cars apart and find relevant fuses for hardwiring kit. But I have to be honest, I spent an hour or so looking over my car, and just got scared I would break something. Even removing the seals around the A pillar looked a little daunting. Add to this, I wanted to fit a rear camera too, the only neat way to run the cable is through the rubber sleeves connecting to the boot lid.

I don't normally shy away from such a challenge, but decided this time to pay a company (not the dealer) to do it. I live near Milton Keynes, and so took the car to Richter Sports in Bletchley. Glad I did, very pleased with the job they have done. I can't see any crease in the A-pillar, and they have routed the rear cable through the sleeve. A great job. Took about 3 hours, during which I emailed and called Skoda UK to bitch about the silly app and 4g problem..!

The camera has a limited (at least on the free service) cloud account. Seems like it will upload videos via my home wifi. Has anyone shelled out for the in-car hotspot connection yet? That way the camera can stay connected and send notifications, whilst you are parked.

IMG_0058.jpeg

IMG_0059.jpeg

Enyaq iv80 Sportline Arctic Silver 125kW Charging (Upgrade), Assisted Drive Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Parking Plus, Sunroof. ME3(update)
Electroverse app code: https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=coral-squid-130

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post