Cheap alternative for wireless phone charging

The place to discuss everything else..
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Hi there. I have installed a decent alternate wireless phone charging pad. It cost just £20 from Amazon, and you just have to plug it into the USB C socket.

wireless charger.jpg

You can read about it or buy it here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09 ... UTF8&psc=1

Another neat, albeit wired solution, is to buy a very short 'ribbon' style rubber USB C, which I am now using in the second 'passenger' socket:

charger cable.jpg

Again, find out more here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08 ... UTF8&psc=1

Bferry70

Post by Bferry70 »

fivetide wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:35 pm Hi there. I have installed a decent alternate wireless phone charging pad. It cost just £20 from Amazon, and you just have to plug it into the USB C socket.

wireless charger.jpg

You can read about it or buy it here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09 ... UTF8&psc=1

Another neat, albeit wired solution, is to buy a very short 'ribbon' style rubber USB C, which I am now using in the second 'passenger' socket:

charger cable.jpg

Again, find out more here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08 ... UTF8&psc=1
The rubber mat solution looks like just the ticket! Very tidy. Could please share the link to Amazon?

TIA
Enyaq iV 60 EcoSuite

Family Pack Plus, Climate Pack Basic, Drive Sport Pack Basic, Parking Pack Basic, 125kw DC Charging. Ordered 27th July, ETA March / April 2022
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Little mat is decent quality and works fine for me so far.

It also comes with a large non-friction rubber mount that allows you to stand your phone up if that's what you prefer, as well as a handy spare cigarette socket to USB / USB C adapter, which fits nicely in the boot.

I posted Amazon links below each photo. Let me know if you cannot see those. Cheers.
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

How much grip does that mat have? Does your phone slide off the mat whilst driving?
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Skeniv wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:26 pm How much grip does that mat have? Does your phone slide off the mat whilst driving?

It fits pretty snuggly, so I haven't had any slippage so far, but there are also half a dozen sticky pad thingies included which I haven't needed to use as of yet. The phone finds a 'sweet spot' quite naturally.

I'm impressed at what you get for £20, and it delivers next day. I'm hoping it will just sit there now as a permanent fixture, so chances are the cable won't have a chance to fracture from any in/out.

Of course, this is not a long-term test yet - I've only had the car a week, and the pad less than that :D

ps. If you mean friction between the pad and the phone, then there is no issue for me - the mat is rubbery, and so is the thin silicone case I have on my phone. I'd say it depends on your phone/case.
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

fivetide wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:54 pm
Skeniv wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:26 pm How much grip does that mat have? Does your phone slide off the mat whilst driving?

It fits pretty snuggly, so I haven't had any slippage so far, but there are also half a dozen sticky pad thingies included which I haven't needed to use as of yet. The phone finds a 'sweet spot' quite naturally.

I'm impressed at what you get for £20, and it delivers next day. I'm hoping it will just sit there now as a permanent fixture, so chances are the cable won't have a chance to fracture from any in/out.

Of course, this is not a long-term test yet - I've only had the car a week, and the pad less than that :D

ps. If you mean friction between the pad and the phone, then there is no issue for me - the mat is rubbery, and so is the thin silicone case I have on my phone. I'd say it depends on your phone/case.

Thank you. I’ve been considering getting a wireless pad for the non wireless part of the charge tray but yet to come across a thin one that sits at least halfway below the divider in the middle to provide a bit of support to stop it flying off.
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
zice

Post by zice »

what's really needed is a cooling solution for the built-in Qi charger. Kia EV6 has it default.
wireless charging + wireless CP/AA = perfect recipe for fried batteries
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

zice wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:48 am what's really needed is a cooling solution for the built-in Qi charger. Kia EV6 has it default.
wireless charging + wireless CP/AA = perfect recipe for fried batteries

I have an iPhone, and this cheap solution works really well with no issues at all. I also discovered that it glows in the dark. Which is nice.
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

If you have a pacemaker stay well clear :ugeek:
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post