Car/booster seats

The place to discuss everything else..
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

GlasnevinDub wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:35 pm I am trying to figure out if I can fit a high back booster seat in the back of the Enyaq. As we are having a third child.
Can someone advise what is the distance between the two buckle or latches in the rear middle seat?
we currently have a 2017 Hyundai Tucson and it’s 25.5cm from buckle to buckle on the rear seat which is too small.
It's a good-sized car. Probably not much different from the Tucson. Not many cars have three full-sized rear seats though, irrespective of ICE or EV. If you're in the market for an EV, the Enyaq/ID4, Ford MachE, or Tesla Model Y & are maybe your options. The new Nissan perhaps. But they'll all the the same. The Model Y won't come with 7 seats in the UK for a while. I measured the distance between the inside of each seat buckle (i.e. shortest distance) was 235mm. They bend outwards easily, especially the single one, so this isn't as bad as it sounds. We've had a child, a tall teenager and a six foot adult in the back for a 7 hour trip with no problem.
You don't specify what requirements the other children need.
You could get two boosters and an adult in the back easily if the booster seats are not isofixed. The main challenges are that the two isofixes at the back are located somewhat away from the doors, presumably safer that way. but leaving not much gap in the middle. If your child booster seats (with or without a back) are attached by isofix, then there's not much room for a middle one. But also check the available width at shoulder height, especially if the seats have side-protection stuff.
Happy to take any more measurements or photos if that helps, including with booster and/or high-backed isofixed seat if you like, but the best thing might be to take yourself down to your nearest Skoda dealer and take a look. You might decide to ditch one of the kids because you like the car so much.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995

GlasnevinDub

Post by GlasnevinDub »

Thanks for the info DazAutomatic. I have been researching all cars available both ICE and EV. Basically I had the Enyaq,Kodiaq and Hyundai Ioniq 5 as my top three that could work. Both look to be similar dimensions inside and I know a few people who have three car seats in the Kodiaq. However I prefer an EV overall as ICE is becoming a thing of the past and far higher running costs.

I was hoping the Enyaq might work. However it does not sound like it is much wider.
I am also considering the Hyundai Ioniq 5. It’s looks to be similar in size but my wife prefers the look of the Enyaq so that’s the more likely option.
I found this YouTube video of a guy fitting three seats the same as I require in the Ioniq 5. So I was hoping to see if the same I’d possible for the Enyaq.

However I don’t know how safe it is as there can be issues if either of the latches as too close to the child seat or even on top of them in away way. Basically in the child car seat shop they advise if this is the case they can open during a collision.

I collected the following information on rear shoulder room which is what I was using as my guide.

Model. Rear shoulder room
Vw Sharan 1578.
Vw Touran 1518.
Skoda Kodiaq 1511.
peugeot 5008 1505.
Skoda Enyaq 1488.
BMW 2 series 1471.
Hyundai Ioniq 5 ???
2017 Hyundai Tuscon 1450

It’s much more difficult to find information on the size of the middle seat. 23.5cm is quite narrow as you said and not much will fit hear as I was hoping to use the isofix for the other two seats or at least one of them for the baby.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

For me, the width between the belt clips doesn't matter. No adult is that narrow, but 3 adults fit in the back fine. It's the position of the isofixes and width of the booster seat that matter more.
There's isofix on the front passenger seat, if that helps.
By the time any car arrives, your kids may not need booster seats anyway! (Or you may not need the high backs).
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

An alternative that could fit most EVs is this: https://www.multimac.com/home
It's a three-seater car seat, that looks like it would fit in the back of an Enyaq. Suitable from birth to 12 years.

superclub.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post