Dealership images of my iV80, pre delivery etc

Post pictures of your Skoda Enyaq here
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Antonio PT wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:18 pm What about the infotainment.. what is the use of that exactly? I read somewhere that it has to have a e-Sim in order to do the job.. is that so?
Do you use GoogleMaps or Waze mirrored from your phone?

No idea about the e-sim!

I haven’t tried plugging any USBs into it yet. I’m not actually sure where I’d do this, so haven’t figured out how to access my MP3 collection. I don’t have any saved on my phone.

Waze and Google Maps both work on the large screen on CarPlay (apple) but I’m only using Waze if my journey doesn’t need a charging stop. If I need to factor in charging, I’ll use the inbuilt system as it seems to integrate this really well.

I decided to subscribe to Zap-Map the other day but so far, not particularly impressed. I can’t get the map to display 3D (only 2D) or input a destination on the screen. I have to go back to the phone for this. Almost certainly user-error on my part though, so I’ll have to have a proper look.

Still hugely impressed with the Enyaq. No gripes at all about the car apart from one little one where my side windows remain difficult to see through when they’re wet, even after I’ve opened and closed them again. The water just blobs up again straightaway and makes it difficult to see through. I’m going to post a pic and start another thread on that one later this week.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

The E-sim is standard. Laura understands 'Navigate home' but nothing else I have tried yet.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

Perchede wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:24 pm The E-sim is standard. Laura understands 'Navigate home' but nothing else I have tried yet.
Laura can also set the temperature and change the radio station ;)
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
RichR

Post by RichR »

I've got a friend called Laura. Dreading what would happen if I got into the habit of saying 'Laura turn on my heated seat' and gave her a lift somewhere. I'd probably get punched. :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Antonio PT

Post by Antonio PT »

Does the Car Play also work with Android or only Apple?
What do you mean "E-Sim is standard".. is the E-Sim already activated and subscribed to a local telecommunication supplier? And is Skoda paying for that?
Any feedback on the 360 parking / camaras?
I assume it is possible to control the sound details, I mean Bass, Treble,... equualizer... No subwoofer, right?
RichR

Post by RichR »

"CarPlay" is an Apple trademark. "Android Auto" is a Google trademark. They both do broadly the same thing, but from the two different phone operating systems. Generally if a car stereo supports one, it also supports the other (though there are exceptions).

eSIM is physically soldered to the circuit board inside the module. For emergency call services (ie SOS button) it uses any carrier. For Infotainment services (ie remote app, traffic info, software updates etc) I believe it uses Vodafone in the UK - though this will vary in other countries obviously. Skoda pay for the first three years as it says in the brochure and website.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Antonio PT wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:17 pm Does the Car Play also work with Android or only Apple?
What do you mean "E-Sim is standard".. is the E-Sim already activated and subscribed to a local telecommunication supplier? And is Skoda paying for that?
Any feedback on the 360 parking / camaras?
I assume it is possible to control the sound details, I mean Bass, Treble,... equualizer... No subwoofer, right?

My Enyaq came to me already ‘activated’. I’d pre-empted any issues by asking the dealership to ensure they do whatever they need to at their end, to make sure I can connect to the car via Skoda Connect.

I think there is 3 year’s subscription included; not sure what happens after then.

I don’t have 360 degree cameras - only the rear one (and it’s fine. Bright enough at night and a nice wide view).

I haven’t been looking for subwoofers but I don’t think there is one.

I only use Apple but others have said Android CarPlay works too.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Antonio PT

Post by Antonio PT »

How's the experience of one pedal drive... is that possible with Enyaq EV ?
Antonio PT

Post by Antonio PT »

I've heard that the reserve camara at night has a very weak light. Is it true?.. any fix for this?
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Crying out for a subwoofer the audio system is rubbish , one pedal drive is a no go as still coasts at slow speed

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post