"camp mode" - keep HVAC on

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
gap998

Post by gap998 »

Sounds perfect - When we camp in the Outlander we usually put the coolbox & bags (easily 15-20kg on the driver's seat & the dog (29kg) on the passenger seat if he's with us. We've always just used the cabin preheat/cool app to take the edge off when it gets too cold/hot, but proper climate control will be fantastic.
Enyaq iV60 Loft 100kW Charging, Arc. Silver, Regulus 19", Heat Pump, Ass'd Drive Pack, Parking+, Drive Sport, Conv.+, Transport Pack

Order 2-11-21 - Built 22-08-22 - Collected 28-09-22 - Drive Fault 4-10-22 - Back to Dealer 18-10-22 - Fixed 17-11-22

dezember

Post by dezember »

Erakettu wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:51 pm Managed to get camp mode working. Toasty 21c whole night
Can I ask if those window and windscreen shades you have there are custom fit to the Enyaq or it's a generic one which you found which fits the Enyaq? Thanks.
iV60 Metallic Green :) Assisted Drive. Climate basic. Light & view. Parking plus. Lounge. Ordered 1st Dec 2021. Delivered in August 2022.
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Could not find custom fit. Heatshield and some others.make for Id4, but Im not sure how they fit.

I made my own instead. Bought some reflective construction insulator from amazon and cut it to tight fit. All windows except the rear keep in place without additional support due to material being so thin it fits deep into window recess. For the rear window i added suction cups.
dezember

Post by dezember »

Erakettu wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:44 pm Could not find custom fit. Heatshield and some others.make for Id4, but Im not sure how they fit.

I made my own instead. Bought some reflective construction insulator from amazon and cut it to tight fit. All windows except the rear keep in place without additional support due to material being so thin it fits deep into window recess. For the rear window i added suction cups.
Thanks! Good idea.
iV60 Metallic Green :) Assisted Drive. Climate basic. Light & view. Parking plus. Lounge. Ordered 1st Dec 2021. Delivered in August 2022.
gap998

Post by gap998 »

I made mine from 3mm Black "Correx" - Not as good for insulation but "stealthier" when viewed from the outside. I cut some cardboard patterns until they fitted, then drew around them onto the Correx. They just push fit into the window apertures. I put some Duck/Gaffer Tape tabs on the rear quarter light ones, to pull them back out. For the front screen I just use a generic foil reflector screen. Planning to do the same when the Enyaq finally arrives.
Enyaq iV60 Loft 100kW Charging, Arc. Silver, Regulus 19", Heat Pump, Ass'd Drive Pack, Parking+, Drive Sport, Conv.+, Transport Pack

Order 2-11-21 - Built 22-08-22 - Collected 28-09-22 - Drive Fault 4-10-22 - Back to Dealer 18-10-22 - Fixed 17-11-22
hellisafish

Post by hellisafish »

Just tested this with an Enyaq built October 2023.

Worked almost as planned, noticed the weight sensor is middle back, so you can reduce the weight to about 10kg if you concentrate it in one spot.

I found an unused paint roller (pointing forward) under the cool box triggered the sensor more easily.

Popped the bonnet release, placed the weight till the dashboard updated, put the seat belt on drivers side. Started ignition with the brake pedal, turned off eco mode for the passenger.

Just be aware, this “camp mode” work around stops when the HV battery gets as low as 20%. It might work if I start it again, but I didn’t try.

I would highly recommend anyone planning on camping in the car overnight gets a portable battery powered CO2 sensor with alarm. This saved me on one occasion when the battery reached 20%, the air con stopped and the CO2 went from 500ppm to 2500ppm in 30 minutes.

A question to the group, can you do this while granny charging the car? I tried last night but couldn’t get the air con working while the car was on AC charger. Meant I had to run on battery, hence it dropped below 20%.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post