Ridiculous waiting times

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
gap998

Post by gap998 »

I have worked as a design engineer in the European auto industry for over 25 years. I can tell you the legacy manufacturers are completely unprepared for the EV market - They have totally underestimated the demand and the financial bias at board level, refuses to accept the current low to non-existent profit margins of their EV offerings compared to ICE vehicles and are not yet will to make the massive investment required to properly change over. Despite the plummeting ICE demand, are still engaged in pushing those as a sales & manufacturing priority. As such, it's not a simple matter to then drastically increase production when their manufacturing base & supply chain is nowhere near primed for it, particularly with their model of numerous extra cost options. By the time they're all finished with flogging the dead horse that is their latest ICE platforms, many will be so far behind the curve they wont survive, or will snapped up by a Chinese maker for their brand name.
Enyaq iV60 Loft 100kW Charging, Arc. Silver, Regulus 19", Heat Pump, Ass'd Drive Pack, Parking+, Drive Sport, Conv.+, Transport Pack

Order 2-11-21 - Built 22-08-22 - Collected 28-09-22 - Drive Fault 4-10-22 - Back to Dealer 18-10-22 - Fixed 17-11-22

Luisk73

Post by Luisk73 »

Now Skoda adds coupe version to the portfolio to add dificulties in their management. This is RIDICULOUS!!
Unable to build orders they have but offering even more options.....
Enyaq 60 loft. Company car. basic model, No options added. Ordered week 48. Estimated production week 33. Delivered 21st September. £50 in Octopus with the referral below
https://share.octopus.energy/blond-zebra-242
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Luisk73 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:51 pm Now Skoda adds coupe version to the portfolio to add dificulties in their management. This is RIDICULOUS!!
Unable to build orders they have but offering even more options.....

Just wondering if you’ve found any manufacturer - particularly of EV’s - with significantly better lead times? Seems to me that most have the same issues, so it’s not unique by any means to VW Group. Are you able to cancel your order and pick something else ?
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

A work colleague ordered his Audi Q4 Etron just before Christmas and was pleasantly surprised at the delivery quote of end of February. He's had a very apologetic call today to say his order wont be ready till May at least........
2023!!!!!!!

He's swapped his order to a Tesla Model 3 - Apparently its guaranteed within 12 weeks.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 »

metalmadhammer wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:02 pm He's had a very apologetic call today to say his order wont be ready till May at least........
2023!!!!!!!

He's swapped his order to a Tesla Model 3 - Apparently its guaranteed within 12 weeks.
Surely he misheard?! How did an extra 15 months or so suddenly get added?
Deleted User 474

Post by Deleted User 474 »

Problem here is global, my Skoda dealer is equally frustrated 60 cars doing nothing, how can they survive as they are a franchise? Only servicing etc and the odd new car.

Aswell as the factories suffering from Covid globally, chip shortages, Nickel supplies are also running down which is used in the battery.

I have a few mining stocks and I know there is a scramble for raw materials, car manufacturers trying to directly acquire mines or direct supply deals. Remember the mines also have issues with Covid which has meant supplies are in trouble
Luisk73

Post by Luisk73 »

sw1000 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:57 pm Problem here is global, my Skoda dealer is equally frustrated 60 cars doing nothing, how can they survive as they are a franchise? Only servicing etc and the odd new car.

Aswell as the factories suffering from Covid globally, chip shortages, Nickel supplies are also running down which is used in the battery.

I have a few mining stocks and I know there is a scramble for raw materials, car manufacturers trying to directly acquire mines or direct supply deals. Remember the mines also have issues with Covid which has meant supplies are in trouble
...And this is exactly the reason why Skoda should not add any other new model/versions to the EV portfolio, because Skoda is not going to be able to manage the balance of offer and demand. Remember that from order to delivery your car and especially EV's depreciate really fast.
The best brand managing it is Tesla (few options, great charge station network, building out of China...) but rest of companies said "Tesla is not a company car, they do not know how to deal with the market..." I think old company cars have to rethink their model of company if they want to survive in the coming years or Tesla and others copying his model willl surpass by far.
Enyaq 60 loft. Company car. basic model, No options added. Ordered week 48. Estimated production week 33. Delivered 21st September. £50 in Octopus with the referral below
https://share.octopus.energy/blond-zebra-242
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\. It’s marketing though - and they need to drum up interest and orders for something they’ve probably spent the last 3 years working on (so pre-covid disruption). They can’t just sit on it until things settle back down again; development of the coupe version will already have cost them the best part of €100m if not much, much more. If someone’s interested in the coupe, they will - by now - know they will have to wait.

I can’t see how bringing the coupe out, detrimentally affects their current order book commitments.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Deleted User 368

Post by Deleted User 368 »

Agree with you Goaty; they have to keep moving forward, as the supply issue should ease eventually- but it is galling to see new stuff being touted when the current backlog is getting towards way too long a wait - 12 months plus for a family car!!! and if the new coupe Is on the the same MEB platform and made in the same factory (I have no idea mind) then it must affect the overall number of cars that can be made and delivered and thus lead times. Although who knows when order books will open?
There will be some who just cannot wait on promises or no firm dates and Tesla (Or the Chinese??) may well fill that need.
Phoebe22

Post by Phoebe22 »

Hi - I'm in Ireland. Looks like UK and Ireland have same problem with huge delivery lead times - wonder how much of that is down to right hand drive set up we both have? Ordered Enyaq Sportline 80 (race blue) in late October 2021 with tow bar and driver assistance plus pack. Told to expect delivery mid to late Q1 2022. Received confirmation from dealer just before Christmas that 'order accepted for production by factory'. Sought out update there last week (Feb 22) - told the status is still the same. Dealer isn't happy either. We're changing from a Skoda Karoq Sportline (Black) and he has a waiting list of people looking for that car type in less than 3 year old versions like ours. So he's being held up on effectively 2 sales because of the delays.

To clarify re delivery timeline - the dealer is concerned that if status is still 'accepted for production' at beginning of Feb its unlikely to be ready by end of March.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post