Sd slot

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Miket

Post by Miket »

We’re the bloody hell have they hidden the sd slot, or have I got to put all the music on my phone☹️

ians

Post by ians »

Looking at the manual it seems to suggest USB or devices connected via Bluetooth are the only supported options. No mention of SD slot as far as I can see. Don’t have my vehicle yet so cant double check. Sorry.
UK: Sportline 80x, 21" Betria wheels, Race Blue Metallic, Heat Pump and most options. No sunroof or tow bar.
Ordered end July, entered production week 38.
RichR

Post by RichR »

There's no mention of the Enyaq having an SD card slot in the brochure or manual. You can use USB, or your phone via USB, Bluetooth or Carplay/Android Auto.

You could always get a USB SD card reader and plug that into one of the USB sockets if you want to use SD cards though. They're under £5 on Amazon.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

RichR wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:09 am There's no mention of the Enyaq having an SD card slot in the brochure or manual. You can use USB, or your phone via USB, Bluetooth or Carplay/Android Auto.

You could always get a USB SD card reader and plug that into one of the USB sockets if you want to use SD cards though. They're under £5 on Amazon.
I would not assume that Skoda included support for a hub.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
hergus

Post by hergus »

You can play music without a phone?!
Enyaq 60 Lodge, Arctic Silver. Climate package. Transport package. Towbar prep. Zappi charger with solar panels.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I thought everyone used Spotify or the like these days or is that just me
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
RichR

Post by RichR »

The problem with Spotify and other streaming services is that they only cater for mainstream music. If you've got music from small local bands, more obscure genres or non-UK/USA then you're often out of luck. Personally I have most of my music (and podcasts, audiobooks) on my phone and connect it by Bluetooth to the car. I also have some SD cards in my Outlander (but could just as easily copy them to USB sticks) for the occasions when I don't have my phone (rare, but does happen!). However a lot of the time on shorter journeys I just listen to PlanetRock on DAB :)

The Enyaq does allow for USB memory sticks if you don't want to use a phone, so just copy the SD cards to a memory stick. I am aware that not everyone has a smartphone too :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

In my existing (diesel, not smart) vehicle, I have an Echo Auto connected, which lets me play stuff from Amazon music, digital radio stations and also my own selection of music running on a media centre at home. Oh, and practically any kind of Podcast.

Of course, it needs a suitable data package, but I am with GiffGaff, so it is not expensive.

Currently, it is wired into my radio's AUX, but I am pretty sure it does BT as well.

I don't know if I will need it in the Enyaq, but I have it and it is small and just needs USB power. As I am used to it being in the car, I figure I may as well use it, although I may switch to using the Enyaq's DAB for radio (I only have FM, and it is awful)
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
Linton944

Post by Linton944 »

You can put your music on a memory stick then connect this with a usb lead to the ports by the drinks holder ( past the wirelss charging) and then control the playback through the screen ( this works on a base model iv60)
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

I've been running with my music on a memorystick, as suggested, since my car arrived before Christmas. The Information system did a very good of cataloging the contents, and it wasn't too hard to get "Hey Laura" to play stuff.

What I'd forgotten was podcasts, which is something I play quite a bit.

So the Echo Auto went into the car today, replacing the memorystick - of course, I had to order a USB-C to mini-USB lead, as I had nothing like that in my leads box.

The Auto itself is stuck in the "passengers" phone slot, out of view. But the microphones still pick up my voice perfectly.

In the end, it is what I am used to, having used it for well over a year; and I was planning to keep my phone's data plan (which the Auto uses) anyway.
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.