Powerpass

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pict

Post by Pict »

I posted this reply from Skoda/Elli support on a different thread.
Regarding your request, we would like to inform you that each customer that purchases ENYAQ with DC package can upon registration to Powerpass activate his „DC booster“.

The customer can apply the booster within 1 year after he/she received a car from the dealer.

When activated the customer will have automatically the highest tariff „Charge Faster“ for a one year base fee free, when the year runs out the customer will be notified about it. The contract will expire and then the customer may choose whether to spot the contract or prolong it. In this case he/she will continue to use the tariff for usual fee.

Best regards
Your Elli Service Team
You have a year before you have to activate the sub. You can request the card at any point though by signing up to the "Charge Free" tariff which does not give you cheaper rates but does let you get your card, and pair it to the app/account. Doing this means when you choose to activate the DC Booster you are not then waiting for your card to arrive.
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household

Dad

Post by Dad »

I used the Ionity charger at the Chester Porsche Centre a few days ago (max 350Kwh chargers) and it was a good experience made even sweeter by the 25p PowerPass rate! It charged at about 80Kwh which was noticeably faster than Gridserve.

It would be great to see more of these rolled out in the UK.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Dad wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:37 pm I used the Ionity charger at the Chester Porsche Centre a few days ago (max 350Kwh chargers) and it was a good experience made even sweeter by the 25p PowerPass rate! It charged at about 80Kwh which was noticeably faster than Gridserve.

It would be great to see more of these rolled out in the UK.

Ah, so are we allowed to use the Porsche ones then? There’s one near me which shows up on the Enyaq’s sat nav but I always assumed it was for their customers only (and therefore misleading for anyone driving down the A3 through Guildford, in need of a quick charge !). Good to know these Porsche ones are for everyone 🙂
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Dad

Post by Dad »

Hi Goaty. I filtered Zap Map on Ionity chargers for our trip to the Wirral and was delighted to see one (actually 2) listed at the Chester Porsche Centre which is behind Cheshire Oaks shopping village. The chargers are located within the Porsche car park and definitely available to Joe public. We used the PowerPass card with no issues at all.

Check if your local Porsche Centre is listed on Zap Map?
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Dad wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:04 pm Hi Goaty. I filtered Zap Map on Ionity chargers for our trip to the Wirral and was delighted to see one (actually 2) listed at the Chester Porsche Centre which is behind Cheshire Oaks shopping village. The chargers are located within the Porsche car park and definitely available to Joe public. We used the PowerPass card with no issues at all.

Please check - The Porsche chargers may only available when the showroom is open
Dad

Post by Dad »

Stripy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:48 pm
Dad wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:04 pm Hi Goaty. I filtered Zap Map on Ionity chargers for our trip to the Wirral and was delighted to see one (actually 2) listed at the Chester Porsche Centre which is behind Cheshire Oaks shopping village. The chargers are located within the Porsche car park and definitely available to Joe public. We used the PowerPass card with no issues at all.

Please check - The Porsche chargers may only available when the showroom is open
Yes absolutely… the centre has to be open.

RichR

Post by RichR »

Applied for my Powerpass card just now. Very easy to do through the app. Have had the car since November but don't foresee the need to use an Ionity charger until next month when I'm planning a drive to Cornwall. So rather than waste a couple of months of the free period, I've waited.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
bernardotlt

Post by bernardotlt »

Hello, Anyone can tell me if is true that the 125kw charger on Enyaq 80 only can be used if the battery drops below 20%? Thanks
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

This is the current charging curve for optimal conditions.

Charging power may vary due to ambient and battery temperatures, and indeed the state of charge.

To answer your question: warm battery will charge with 125kw up to about 35%. If you start charging with, say, 10% and cold battery, the initiating current will heat the battery first and later on you may be able to hit 125kW until 35% SOC.

Chargecurve_Skoda_Enyaq_IV_Fastned (1).png

andanother11

Post by andanother11 »

Now that my powerpass subscription gives me cheaper electricity than at home I thought I’d attempt my first fast charge. It went mostly ok with a couple of hiccups, the one that’s confusing me the most is activating the charge using the app. Even though there were more than one charger available the app was only letting me choose one. This means that instead of driving to an empty charger and selecting it in the app, I’d need to look at the app them match it up to the free charger and then park up.

Surely this can’t be correct. I’ve tried in the app to see if it’s ever saying any more than 1/1 being available and trying everything to see if I can select another charger but no joy.

What am I doing wrong? It was the Cobham Ionity and there are 6 chargers there.

Thanks to anyone that can offer any advice.
Enyaq iV 60, Quartz Grey, 100kW charging, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Basic, Climate Basic, Parking Basic, Chrome, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, 20" Vega. Ordered 07/21, delivered 12/21.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post