Charge port cover

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
H_uue

Post by H_uue »

IMG_20210716_183725.jpg

Interested in views on the charge port. A few will be lucky to have a pod point or similar guaranteed dry in a garage. But I guess I'm amongst many with an outdoor port that mean the car will be on overnight charge outside and the site and design of the charge point means that water runs down the side of the car in rain.

I picked up the charging port cover from the skoda shop , slightly hard to find on the site but should be on charge port cover

Decent rubberised solid item. The text says it is designed for snow and 'dirt' (guessing flying dust storm?) protection rather than wet per se. But for anyone living in a damp part of the world I think there is an issue leaving the car on charge overnight if it might rain (really never free from that risk up here ). Better than my first efforts with a Spar carrier bag wrapped round. May be worth investigating.

A little window shows the status of the charging light. Fits nicely.

RichR

Post by RichR »

It’s really to prevent sand, snow and ice causing the plug to get stuck in the socket. Charge port plugs and sockets are waterproof, so there’s no issues with rain. You can safely connect and disconnect in a monsoon if you wanted to as well.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Badger

Post by Badger »

Hi,

Do you have to remove the port cover when finished charging or does the car's charging flap close over the cover?

Thanks
zice

Post by zice »

Badger wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:04 am Hi,

Do you have to remove the port cover when finished charging or does the car's charging flap close over the cover?

Thanks
afaik it has to be removed
RichR

Post by RichR »

The charge flap door contains a collar that fits over the socket part to make it totally waterproof when it's shut. This can't do that if this cover is in place. There's a drain hose at the recess in the bodywork to direct any water that gets between the door and the bodywork down and out into the wheelarch.

Unless you live somewhere where snow and ice could cause it to be difficult to remove the plug by freezing it in place, you don't need this optional bit of plastic.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Badger

Post by Badger »

Hi RichR,

Many thanks for the info. I will remove the collar to allow the flap to fully close.

Kind regards.
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

Has anyone purchased a magnetic weather cover for their charge port? I wonder if one of these would help prevent the sticking cover release issue

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post