Delayed Charging Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
viktor89

Post by viktor89 »

I think I will just write my own application to handle this through the car API. Seems faster than waiting for them to fix :'(

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Please do - if you can do an app for Android and Apple you could earn yourself some readies on the side.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

As RichR says above some charging units can solve this problem for you

I had no luck with the myskoda app doing timed charges at all in the month when I was waiting for my charger to be installed

I've now had my cheap and cheerful Rolec (500 installed price) for a month and it works every time to utilise my economy 7 rate, using the accompanying ev.energy app
Archer17

Post by Archer17 »

Newbie question/ observation

Having moved from an Outlander Phev I like many found the Enyaq delayed charge set up confusing. In many ways it’s okay for those who have regular shifts ie Mon-Fri and weekends off. For those on a rolling shift pattern they would have to be constantly changing the sessions.

I decided to ignore the vehicle software and add an Ohme type2 to type 2 charger to my dumb Chargemaster 7kw home charger.

It charged okay from 60-80% as requested on our Go Faster tariff. It only charged at 4 kWh though. I contacted Ohme who said the charger had set up to charge at 7.2 kw but the car was refusing to accept that rate of charge. The ‘set lower rate of charge’ is turned off on the Enyaq charging screen. Our car is the IV80 Sportline with the 125 kw charge upgrade if that makes any difference to any replies.

So should it have charged at 7kw or was the charge rate slowing down as it was already at 60% when it started.

It’s a concern as I was counting on 7kw charging at home.

Thanks
Skoda Enyaq 80 Sportline collected 29/09/21. Quartz grey metallic, Pan roof, tow bar, 125 charging, Comfort seat, Drive Sport+, Climate pack+, Assisted Drive, Parking, Light and View and Convenience pack.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

My advice for 7kw charging is to delete all locations and deactivate all car settings. From other posts most chargers but not all, then will handle things correctly. My 7.4 charger which I expected to charge at 7.2 however charges at 6.5. If the Enyaq is set to reduced my understanding this is at 8kw. (25%).
I may well need to try this in winter as I am retired, don't travel much and have a 60kw limit (normal in France for single phase) . If exceeded it is simple to reset. Yesterday tried the heating, hot water and dish washer which got to about 57 amps. I am all electric (heat pump up to 6 kw depending on exterior temp). easy for me to cope.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Perchede wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:33 pm My advice for 7kw charging is to delete all locations and deactivate all car settings. From other posts most chargers but not all, then will handle things correctly. My 7.4 charger which I expected to charge at 7.2 however charges at 6.5. If the Enyaq is set to reduced my understanding this is at 8kw. (25%).
I may well need to try this in winter as I am retired, don't travel much and have a 60kw limit (normal in France for single phase) . If exceeded it is simple to reset. Yesterday tried the heating, hot water and dish washer which got to about 57 amps. I am all electric (heat pump up to 6 kw depending on exterior temp). easy for me to cope.

Depending on the charger brand some have features that will monitor your homes power draw and have a set limit not to exceed so you charger may limit its self to less than ita stated maximum draw.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Correction to last post. The 60kW limit should be 60 Amps limit and the Enyaq reduced charging should be 8 Amps. Dahhh
Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

Archer17 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:53 pm Newbie question/ observation

Having moved from an Outlander Phev I like many found the Enyaq delayed charge set up confusing. In many ways it’s okay for those who have regular shifts ie Mon-Fri and weekends off. For those on a rolling shift pattern they would have to be constantly changing the sessions.

I decided to ignore the vehicle software and add an Ohme type2 to type 2 charger to my dumb Chargemaster 7kw home charger.

It charged okay from 60-80% as requested on our Go Faster tariff. It only charged at 4 kWh though. I contacted Ohme who said the charger had set up to charge at 7.2 kw but the car was refusing to accept that rate of charge. The ‘set lower rate of charge’ is turned off on the Enyaq charging screen. Our car is the IV80 Sportline with the 125 kw charge upgrade if that makes any difference to any replies.

So should it have charged at 7kw or was the charge rate slowing down as it was already at 60% when it started.

It’s a concern as I was counting on 7kw charging at home.

Thanks
I use on Ohme charging cable as well and have it scheduled for Octopus Go hours. I have to say that so far it has not had a problem. Looking at the charging data, I appear to be getting consistent charge of of 7kWh.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Archer17 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:53 pm Newbie question/ observation

I don't agree that you would need to constantly change settings - Seeing as the Enyaq knows where it is I would think I would not set any times for the shift location and just set home to charge off peak. It needs to be plugged-in of course and can be overridden by the MySkoda app should you need to charge in a peek time at home.
Archer17

Post by Archer17 »

Thank you for your replies.

I have Just been able to look at the full Octopus Go electricity bill and can see that in two half hour consecutive slots I did draw a total of 7.5 kw so the Ohme did do it’s stuff to its full capacity. Haven’t had to do a 7kw charge since as I have been putting excess solar in.

Perchede, do you mean leave all the time slots blank, set home location and scroll down somewhere else to find some other settings and enter off peak times?. I am still getting lost within the settings, it’s getting better as I use it more.
Skoda Enyaq 80 Sportline collected 29/09/21. Quartz grey metallic, Pan roof, tow bar, 125 charging, Comfort seat, Drive Sport+, Climate pack+, Assisted Drive, Parking, Light and View and Convenience pack.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post