Delayed Charging Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Hi,

The timer on my Pod Point has gone AWOL, so while I wait for an engineer's visit I've started using the Enyaq's own timer. I'm on software version 3.

I've set up a home location & preferred charging time (00:30 to 04:30) & ticked the box to make it active. I plug in around 21:30 & charging starts immediately. The car's charging screen gives me a drop-down list showing charge immediately or charge at preferred time (not exact wording). If I choose preferred time, charging stops, & starts at the scheduled time at a rate around 7 Kw/Hr.

If I also set a preferred departure time, then that option is added to the drop-down list, but it still selects charge immediately.

Charge immediately if below ... is set to 20% & lowest state of charge has been around 60%.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0

HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

I've just discovered the extra options when you configure a charging location.
Took me a while to recognise the departure time settings, but I think I've now worked it out, and it seems to work well..
Didn't find it super clear and I've been working in IT (and a lot of it user interface) for over 30 years.

Skoda ought to put more detail in the manual, and add a few tutorial videos
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Playing around with the charging for departure time, as I'd like to charge to 100% at home when I head off on a long trip.

I noticed that the car cycles between charging and not charging (with associated high voltage switching clunking noises) just after you set it to charge for a departure time, before settling down to waiting for the right moment to start charging.

I suppose this is normal behaviour? Is it trying to work out what speed it's likely to get from the wallbox (2, 3.5, 6.5 or 7kW) so it can work out when it should start?

This is with a pod-point - with its schedule turned off (i.e. always on) Don't want to risk the pod-point starting or stopping at the wrong time, like I've seen on other threads
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
RobG

Post by RobG »

I have a Pod Point and am only getting 3.5KWh overnight with overnight charging. I've checked immediate charging and have confirmed that I get 7KWh from the charge unit - so I know it can deliver 7KWh. I am on the EDF Go Electric tariff, which gives me 4.5p KWh between 1 and 6 am.

I have the schedule set on the Pod Point and no specific settings on the car, i.e. it is 100% scheduled to charge on the Pod Point.
I have checked for updates on the Enyaq and Pod Point have downloaded and configured the latest version of software.

Does anyone else have the same setup as and are they able to get the full 7KWh per hour overnight?

Thanks
Enyaq 60, with multiple packs. Ordered early Nov, delivered late July.
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

RobG wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:26 am I have a Pod Point and am only getting 3.5KWh overnight with overnight charging. I've checked immediate charging and have confirmed that I get 7KWh from the charge unit - so I know it can deliver 7KWh. I am on the EDF Go Electric tariff, which gives me 4.5p KWh between 1 and 6 am.

I have the schedule set on the Pod Point and no specific settings on the car, i.e. it is 100% scheduled to charge on the Pod Point.
I have checked for updates on the Enyaq and Pod Point have downloaded and configured the latest version of software.

Does anyone else have the same setup as and are they able to get the full 7KWh per hour overnight?

Thanks

I've not tried it charging overnight yet. I do know within a single charge it can vary from 2 to 3.5 to 6.5.

6.5 is usually the most I ever get from it, I think I might've had 7kW a few times.
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
marccdavison

Post by marccdavison »

RobG wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:26 am I have a Pod Point and am only getting 3.5KWh overnight with overnight charging. I've checked immediate charging and have confirmed that I get 7KWh from the charge unit - so I know it can deliver 7KWh. I am on the EDF Go Electric tariff, which gives me 4.5p KWh between 1 and 6 am.

Thanks
This appears to be a Skoda / VAG issue, I get the same. I'm hoping that V3 software resolves this.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I have the 4 hours for Octopus go set on the car as the preferred charge time associated with our home location, car is running V3
Ordered 26 March 22, Sportline 80, Graphite grey, Assisted Drive+, Infotainment Package+, Drive Sport+, Heat Pump. Zappi charger, delivered 17 Aug 22,
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

marccdavison wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:25 am
This appears to be a Skoda / VAG issue, I get the same. I'm hoping that V3 software resolves this.
We've had our Enyaq for a couple of weeks and have been using delayed overnight charging from the outset without a problem. It looks as though the ME3 software has solved all the previous problems.

I'm happy to post screenshots of the settings if it's of any help.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
gdallas

Post by gdallas »

We've got ours booked in on the 23rd November. Let's hope ME3 finally resolves this frustrating charging issue.
gdallas

Post by gdallas »

The software update has not resolved my partners charging issue. This is so frustrating

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post