Delayed Charging Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I Just wanted to record it so we can see if and when it changes.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

In the July Enyaq U.K. brochure they really highlight smart schedules -
"Take full control of your charging schedule with this brand-new service. In addition to enabling you to take advantage of cheaper off-peak electricity tariffs, you can also create different charging settings based on the car’s location, for example home or work. Just plug in the car and leave the rest to Smart Schedule. This clever service also allows you to set the temperature before you jump in the car, ideal for chilly winter nights or hot summer days."
https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/c72dfee1-a ... 99293156c2
If you look at the image of the MySkoda app you see functionality which is not yet present.
Those with sharp eyes might also note that the car data was last updated 12 days ago.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Thanks for the link, Perchède. The MySkoda app used to look like the image shown in the link up until recently, when it disappeared after an update. As I mentioned in a previous post, I could charge the car from the phone via the app (as long as the charge cable was locked) by tapping on the 'start charge' button in the app, but there were no timers for delayed scheduling... and now the function has been pulled.
Jimmy6616

Post by Jimmy6616 »

This is what mine shows, however I don’t have any smart schedules set !!

5E966F3D-CAF9-4793-96D8-91BCFEBAACD5.png

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Jimmy6616 - The display seems to vary if you have a charging location defined or not. I think you have as you get the smart schedules message.
I think the problem is when locations are defined that presently it does not know which location, if any, to apply a setting like charging lock to. I think it should be the vehicle location if the vehicle is at a defined location.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Perchede wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:00 am Jimmy6616 - The display seems to vary if you have a charging location defined or not. I think you have as you get the smart schedules message.
I think the problem is when locations are defined that presently it does not know which location, if any, to apply a setting like charging lock to. I think it should be the vehicle location if the vehicle is at a defined location.
Brilliant discovery, thanks Perchède! I thought the MySkoda app had been updated to a new format, but the change is due to my having added a location from the car in the Charging menu. I've now deleted my location and the MySkoda app is as it was before. At least now I can start charging the car from the comfort of my bed in the early hours rather than having to go outside. To do this:
1. ensure that you do not have any locations for charging entered in the car's Charging menu
2. ensure that 'Cable lock' is 'Always locked' in the MySkoda app menu (otherwise it defaults to 'Cable not properly connected' at the next step).
3. plug the car in and in the MySkoda app press the stop charging button.
4. when you want to Start charging, press the 'start charging' button
There's still no timer, but it's better than nothing.

Screenshot 2021-07-16 at 10.15.22.png

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I presume we will have this fixed by software update. I don't think these are pushed to the car and the manual advises the dealer do it. However if you hold in HOME a Service menu appears I selected software update but I think none is currently available.
Jimmy6616

Post by Jimmy6616 »

Nice to know
greenmach

Post by greenmach »

I managed to get it to charge tonight, although it will only do it at 2kw which is frustrating as it won’t charge quick enough at that rate…definitely a bug!
To get it to work I did the following:
- Connected the car to WiFi for a more reliable connection
- set up my home location
- set up a charge timer in location settings with auto release set to off
- in location settings, I also set up the ‘departure time’ at the top section of the charge timer settings
- Plugged my cable into the wall box
- plugged the other end into the car and locked using the key
There are definitely bugs in this system though and the charge rate is a big issue. I will let Skoda know on social media as well as the email I sent last week.

AF197655-428E-4F28-ABD6-30113A04E6F3.png

coom80

Post by coom80 »

I’ve passed it on to my local dealer who are conducting trials. They’ve been able to confirm what greenmach reported - with a location set and preferred times, it will only trickle charge which (I quote) is “only a little bit more than useless”. In 7 hours, it only increases from 49% to 57%.
I have a Pod Point charger so my workaround is to use the scheduling on the wall box and remove any location settings on the car.
Skoda ENYAQ 150kW 80 Sportline 82kWh 5dr Auto
Race Blue Metallic
Convenience Package Plus
Infotainment Package Plus
Panoramic Sunroof
Tow Bar Electrically Retractable

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post