Delayed Charging Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

gdallas wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:51 pm The software update has not resolved my partners charging issue. This is so frustrating
Could you describe the issue here? It mostly works for me except if I select reduced AC current - it misses scheduled departure by a couple of hours.

There are a few settings which interact.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)

John Arnold

Post by John Arnold »

New to the forum so unsure which reply I’m replying to.
When trying to get delayed charging I go into the charging menu go to change at home. It asks me to set departure time. Set time for 00.30 set day required then set departure time for 04.30. Set date. I think I have completed it. Plug car into the Pod point which then immediately starts charging. Tried it many times. Have the release plug to release and reduced charge rate off. Hope this helps.
Pksk

Post by Pksk »

John Arnold wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:46 pm New to the forum so unsure which reply I’m replying to.
When trying to get delayed charging I go into the charging menu go to change at home. It asks me to set departure time. Set time for 00.30 set day required then set departure time for 04.30. Set date. I think I have completed it. Plug car into the Pod point which then immediately starts charging. Tried it many times. Have the release plug to release and reduced charge rate off. Hope this helps.
If you have a pod point, recommend you set the schedule via the pod point than the car. Guide for the pod point app is here https://cdn-www.pod-point.com/Getting-s ... K-CB-5.pdf

If you want to do it by the car. Manual details for the car are here https://digital-manual.skoda-auto.com/w ... 01_1_en_GB

It sounds like you are wanting to schedule based on low tariff window. If so you you can ignore the departure time stuff and set the time window.

Note when exiting the car you will want to make sure the exit screen shows delay charge or similar rather than charge immediately. Clicking the option allows you to change it
IV 60 Suite, Race Blue, 21”, Climate Basic, Convenience Basic, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus. ME 3.0 updated, 125kwh charge upgrade. Hypervolt 2.0, Solar plus Battery.
gdallas

Post by gdallas »

HarryHuk wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:51 pm
gdallas wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:51 pm The software update has not resolved my partners charging issue. This is so frustrating
Could you describe the issue here? It mostly works for me except if I select reduced AC current - it misses scheduled departure by a couple of hours.

There are a few settings which interact.
Apologies for the delay in responding. My mistake. After the software update the car does now appear to be charging correctly on schedule. The reason I thought it wasn't was because our Rolec charger's RCBO had failed at the exact same time as we were testing the software. I don't life with my partner so I wasn't personally doing the tests. So hadn't realised the charger was just dead! Nothing to do with the car for a change. Wasn't until I stepped in to try when I noticed the Rolec RCBO had burnt out. Another very common thing to fail with this brand of charger. Anyhoo, I replaced the RCBO and the enyaq charges on schedule no problem now. Lol. What's the chances right!
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Thought I'd cracked it, but alas.

I recently set my 'charge immediately' to the lowest it allows, 50%, on the basis that my scheduled 'location' charge would quickly exceed this SOC. Once it became confused I hoped it then wouldn't charge because the 'immediately' rule would be being broken.

This worked for the last three charges that just stayed within the 4 hour cheap octopus window.

But then, last night..... Pushed on through until 6:30am 🙄

Screenshot_20230211-065543.png

Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Is this "Charge Immediately" on the main Charging screen? (In which case it will ignore the location parameters, and charge immediately to the level set on the Charging main screen.
If, on the charging main screen, you chose "Charge for departure time HH:MM" or "Charge for departure time HH:MM with aircon" (available if you're at a saved charging location) then it will use the params of the charging location . Or should. If it didn't then that's puzzling.
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Yes I know all that. It's a location based schedule that seems to misbehave and it then defaults over from preferred times to immediately.

My hope was that making immediately target lower than preferred times it wouldn't carry on charging
HarryHuk wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:15 am Is this "Charge Immediately" on the main Charging screen? (In which case it will ignore the location parameters, and charge immediately to the level set on the Charging main screen.
If, on the charging main screen, you chose "Charge for departure time HH:MM" or "Charge for departure time HH:MM with aircon" (available if you're at a saved charging location) then it will use the params of the charging location . Or should. If it didn't then that's puzzling.
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

do people have delayed charging function in their app?

my app doesnt have that functionality...
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

ricky10 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:18 pm do people have delayed charging function in their app?

my app doesnt have that functionality...

You have to programme it in the car, unfortunately.
But (for charge for departure time at least, I've not tried preferred times as my PodPoint has a schedule) once you've set it for your location, in the app you can choose between
  • charge immediately,
  • charge for (the preset) departure time, and
  • charge for (the preset) departure time plus A/C)
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Had a well behaved few charges. Then wake up this morning to a myskoda notification saying fully charged to 100%. My 'charge immediately' target is 50% and my scheduled charge target is 90%. So the car has made its own executive decision on this one. I give up, crap car.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post