Now you've seen one in real life, is the Enyaq bigger, smaller or exactly as you expected?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions

When you saw an Enyaq in real life, was it Larger, Smaller or as you expected ?

It was LARGER than I expected.
29%
It was SMALLER than I expected
17%
Its was the same size as I expected
54%

Total votes: 24

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi,

After spending hours watching reviews on YouTube, when I eventually got to see an Enyaq in real life a few weeks ago, it did seem smaller on the outside than I was expecting. Quite a few YouTube reviews made references to it being so 'huge' so I was a little disappointed (having already ordered one :lol: )

Out of curiosity, what were your first impressions regarding its size (once you got to see one in real life) ?

Please vote in the poll?

Thanks !
Last edited by Goaty on Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Bigger than expected, especially on the inside.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Was smaller … but actually ample room inside, think it’s going to be good for town as well as country driving. I think the design makes it not look visually oversized, but it is still a much bigger electric car than used to be an option. Also thinking looks smaller at showroom, but might look bigger again when on driveway at home :-)
Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

I can't really answer the poll as I would say it was a bit of both yes and no. I knew that the exterior dimensions of the Enyaq were broadly very similar to my current car (an X3). When I saw it in the showroom though, it did look to be smaller, and not "huge" as you noted many reviewers have said. I think the reason it looks smaller though is just down to the height of it, which is lower than a more traditional SUV, so it does not look as imposing.

Inside though is a different matter, and I could not believe how much cabin room there was. Even pushing the drivers seat back to where I would normally have it, there was a huge amount of leg room still for rear seat passengers sitting behind me. So on that metric, it was bigger than I was expecting.
RichR

Post by RichR »

That's the advantage of the MEB platform - reduce the length of the bonnet (so no frunk) and add that space onto the back, so making the interior bigger. Also moving the heater/aircon stuff out from behind the dashboard into the bonnet area. Means that you get a lot more interior space.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Boot looks smaller, but I'm trusting I will fit more in it than my outlander, as litres are about 20 more
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver
RichR

Post by RichR »

That's an idea - could someone who's got an Enyaq please measure the boot dimensions? Might be useful for people on here who haven't quite decided yet...
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

What I noticed about the boot was that although it is large, a lot of that comes through the height. The floor area is a little less than my current X3, but the height to the parcel shelf is definitely greater. The floor area is actually less than a Tesla M3 in fact. The big advantage though is that in retracting the parcel shelf (with just a very clever simple tap on it), you get even more space to the roof line compared to cars with a much steeper raked rear (such as the iPace).
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

@richr I can tell you on Friday
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

The first Enyaq I saw in person was in a Skoda Showroom, a Brilliant Silver exterior with Loft Interior. My instant reaction was ‘this looks like the 2017 Silver Ford Focus Estate company car I had, only taller!’. In fact, during my consultation ordering the Enyaq through the lease company with my work, all the literature listed the Enyaq as Loft Nav Estate.

The exterior is exactly as I expected but pleasantly surprised how roomy the interior is.
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post