Can't decide!

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
21NA

Post by 21NA »

Hello,

Hope you are all good

In the planning stages and and me and my wife are stuck between ID.5 style pro and Skoda Enyaq Coupe
210kW 85x Sportline Plus 82kWh 4x4 5dr Auto.

Any watch outs we should be aware about enyaq please? We are looking to buy it for family local journeys and sometimes motorway journeys.

Anyone not liking the sun glass roof? Our concern is hot weather and kids? Does sun get through and is air-conditioning good? I noticed its tinkered glass roof but still concerned.

I noticed rear window view is a concern but no wipers makes me nervous more. Noted ID.5 has no rear wipers either.

Also, I test drove ID 5 4wd as there wasn't any 2wd available and felt I was pulling a trailer with it. Experience wasn't great. Anyone has got enyaq 4wd and do you have the same experience.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

My coupe has a rear wiper? Must depend on model and options. It is usefull to clear window for reversing and after being stationary in rain, but does tend to self clear well when moving- must be the good aerodynamics. Don’t forget you have a reversing camera?

The glass roof is brilliant as it opens up the whole car to light and increases headroom significantly. There were a few days last summer when the sun was right overhead where the suns glare caused an issue, but I just bought a peaked cap for that occasional use and keep it in the storage pocket under the gear selector. There is an optional clip in sunblind but I haven’t felt the need to buy one.
My vRS 4wd is the best car I have ever had from a driving point of view and for the fit and finish and extras included.
It is an excellent long distance car with a summer range approaching 300m or 240 in winter driven economically.
I didn’t even look at the VW version as all the reviews said the Skoda was better. I did look at the Audi version but didn’t like the body style at the front or the more cramped feeling interior with the dark head lining. The 2wd almost basic Audi says version was £2k more as well than the vRS we bought with lots of options fitted.

IMG_0986.jpeg

IMG_0886.jpeg

Last edited by Ken3966 on Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
orrery

Post by orrery »

A sunroof increases headroom? I've always found that they decrease it.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
riki1

Post by riki1 »

orrery wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:09 am A sunroof increases headroom? I've always found that they decrease it.
Fixed sunroof increases, movable decreases.
SKODA Enyaq RS Coupe, ( riki1.eu )
wassap

Post by wassap »

Im looking at EV's and for sure the enyaq is the better of the VAG offerings, the ID range is poor imo, pricey with a sparse spec. The Q4 is the nicest inside, purely from the screen aesthetics.

Ive looked at a few EV's, Ariya,EV6,Ionic 5, Merc EQB, and i still keep coming back to the Enyaq.