Sportline 85x on order

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
MK09

Post by MK09 »

Hello all,

Recently signed up to the forum as I ordered an Enyaq through my employer’s salary sacrifice car scheme last month.

Order is for a Sportline 85x in Race Blue with Maxx pack, sunroof, transport pack, heat pump and 21’ Supernova alloys. Delivery currently estimated for late April / early May.

I’ll be moving, a bit reluctantly, from a diesel Volvo XC90. I did have a new plug-in hybrid XC90 on order, but the valuation of my current car plummeting, ridiculously spiralling insurance costs, combined with a fairly low annual mileage these days caused me to have a rethink. Opting into the work’s EV car scheme made financial sense.

A bit apprehensive about the switch to EV, as well as downsizing and losing the flexibility of 7 seats (used only occasionally), although as a family of 4, I’m sure the Enyaq will be practical enough for us. There seems a wealth of info and practical advice on this forum to help me make the transition from diesel to electric.

spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

Welcome!
pnr

Post by pnr »

I came from Volvo xc60 and was worried, have now done 28k on Enyaq 80 sportsline only regret is not ordering a heat pump overall delighted with the car the saving in cost of fuel is amazing
EVNewbie

Post by EVNewbie »

I’ve got the same as you arriving (hopefully) in the next few weeks. I went for the same spec albeit with 20” Vega’s and the partition net screen. Car was build week 48 and is in the UK due at dealer shortly.
Welsh_Rob

Post by Welsh_Rob »

I have the same model, same colour and same additional extras on order. Your delivery date estimate is the same as mine- I wonder if ours are batched up together!
Kimbie

Post by Kimbie »

pnr wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:29 pm I came from Volvo xc60 and was worried, have now done 28k on Enyaq 80 sportsline only regret is not ordering a heat pump overall delighted with the car the saving in cost of fuel is amazing
Why do you regret getting the heat pump assuming your in the UK?
Welsh_Rob

Post by Welsh_Rob »

I just remembered that I have the heat pump added as an extra. I saw so much conflicting advice that I ended up playing it safe and adding it. I haven't had an EV before so the addition of the pump for me is lost money in that I won't notice a difference as I cant compare it to anything but I will be hoping it is helping- if that makes sense.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I bought a cancelled order which did have a heat pump.

I don’t think this is worth having unless you regularly need the maximum range to complete your trip and get back to home where you can charge off peak, or do a huge mileage charged at commercial rates.. If you can get home each day it saves virtually nothing.

I worked out in another post that if you do 50k a year and 20k of that in cold weather, and charge exclusively at expensive superchargers you could maybe save about £350 a year.
Most buyers will do far less than that and will never recover the extra cost.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Kimbie

Post by Kimbie »

Thanks Rob and Ken, I only do around 10K a year and most commute to work so around 40 miles a week, and charge at home, so sounds like will not really benefit from the heat pump, could to know.

Thanks
glossopwhite

Post by glossopwhite »

Ordered an 85x Sportline on salary sacrifice via Arval mid December, originally quoted mid April delivery. Rung up dealer (Fish Bros, Swindon) for a build date earlier, now being quoted as a end August build date!, pushed back 4/5 months. Might be worth checking that yours hasn't fallen back too.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post