Skoda restricting Octopus Access

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
chesterflaps

Post by chesterflaps »

Decide wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:19 am
We extend our heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing trust and loyalty to the Skoda brand.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and want to assure you that your concerns are of utmost importance to us.

Your inquiry has been promptly forwarded to the responsible department for thorough review.

We deeply appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we work diligently to address your concerns.
Generic reply

Pksk

Post by Pksk »

This is Skodas reply to my email.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and other customers who rely on Octopus intelligent to control the charging of their Enyaq. We understand that this change has resulted in a significant increase in your charging costs, and we apologize for the unexpected impact it has had on your experience.

Please be assured that we have forwarded your concern to the responsible department for further investigation, and we hope to have a solution in place as soon as possible. Once we have the available information, we will promptly contact you with an update.
IV 60 Suite, Race Blue, 21”, Climate Basic, Convenience Basic, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus. ME 3.0 updated, 125kwh charge upgrade. Hypervolt 2.0, Solar plus Battery.
Zetland

Post by Zetland »

Ah473 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:24 pm I’ve also registered my dissatisfaction by emailing their digital services team at support@skoda-auto.com. Hope they work urgently with Octopus to find a solution to this.

I've got this response back. Classic non committal.
cbruntooo

Post by cbruntooo »

Looks to be fixed now for me on Ovo.
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

The most disappointing aspect of this episode is the widespread assumption, "What have Skoda done now? Why have they done this?"

It may be a temporary glitch. It may even not be a Skoda fault. Who knows? But, given our experiences with the Skoda software ecosystem in the past, they have no depth of customer benevolence to call on. We all just assume Skoda are to blame. That is the relationship we have with them now: guilty until proven otherwise.

What a disappointing state of affairs.
Ah473

Post by Ah473 »

Can confirm that I’ve been able to add my car again in the Octopus app. Will do a test charge when I’m home later. Fingers crossed they have reversed/resolved the issue.
Decide

Post by Decide »

Walter Eagle wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:34 pm The most disappointing aspect of this episode is the widespread assumption, "What have Skoda done now? Why have they done this?"

It may be a temporary glitch. It may even not be a Skoda fault. Who knows? But, given our experiences with the Skoda software ecosystem in the past, they have no depth of customer benevolence to call on. We all just assume Skoda are to blame. That is the relationship we have with them now: guilty until proven otherwise.

What a disappointing state of affairs.
tbf Octopus were saying Skoda had restricted access.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

There may be reasons to restrict access to the cars location, and other information on Skoda server, perhaps it’s required in some other countries.
Skodas are sold in many countries and VW and Audi all over world. A relatively small number of these are EV’’s, even less are in UK and of them an even smaller % use Octopus?
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

Working again here
iV80X, Black Magic, 20” Vega Anthracite, Comfort Seat Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Heat Pump, Transport Pack, Light and View Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Pack Plus, Climate Pack Plus, Parking Pack, Family Pack. Acquired Aug 2023
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Octopus has now set me a schedule—- will see if it charges overnight.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post