Hello from potential new owner

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Kimbie

Post by Kimbie »

Hi,

Looking at an Enyaq as next car as my current lease Niro EV 4+ is due up in Jan 2025 so here to ask questions and gather info

Cheers
Last edited by Kimbie on Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jonsson

Post by Jonsson »

Well, hello there, Kimbie! Welcome!
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Welcome! I’m an ex-Enyaq driver. Had one for just over two years but when I moved to a different company, I had to reluctantly give my Enyaq back to my last company. Currently in a BMW pool car but I tell you what - I can’t wait to get rid of it and order another Enyaq. I had a great experience in my last one :-)
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
peters_enyaq

Post by peters_enyaq »

Hi and welcome.
You don’t say if you have had an EV before as it makes a difference to what information you need to know.
As lots of stuff is common such as best charging practices and reduced range in winter.
Present: iv60 Suite Race Blue
On order: Coupe 85X Sportline Plus Race Blue
Kimbie

Post by Kimbie »

peters_enyaq wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:51 am Hi and welcome.
You don’t say if you have had an EV before as it makes a difference to what information you need to know.
As lots of stuff is common such as best charging practices and reduced range in winter.
Good point thought I did I have edited the main post now.

I have a Niro EV 4+ and love it but leases coming due and could do with a bit more space, so looking at the Enyaq as has something like 100 litres more boot space, which is good when have a 37kg German Shepard
peters_enyaq

Post by peters_enyaq »

The Enyaq is a decent car and roomy enough.
We got our sadly departed large doodles in the boot easy enough.
In fact the only thing I didn’t like was range in winter and charging speed. Hopefully that will be sorted as moving to an 80 and new model has 175kw/hr rate.
Present: iv60 Suite Race Blue
On order: Coupe 85X Sportline Plus Race Blue
Kimbie

Post by Kimbie »

My biggest issue is working out what pack I need, last couple of cars have been Kia's so been really easy to pick the trim/options as they are normally only 3 options, just need to make a list of what things I defiantly want and try to work out which pack I need to cover those off.
Kimbie

Post by Kimbie »

I had a test drive of a 85x Sportline last week in Lincoln and was very impressed with it, lovely car to drive, a few quirks that would get use to, the bit when you drive off and it pulls the seatbelt tight, how it turns off is different to my Niro but all quirks.

After driving it, I am not sure I would worry about adding any packs onto it, the standard sound system is plenty good enough for my music much to the wife dis-pleasure when I tested it at full volume with some Clubland Xtreme, not fussed on the crystal face or the over head parking.

In general there was nothing in the packs that I thought I was missing out on the test drive so while my lease is not due till Jan 2025 the Enyaq is at the top of my list to replace my current Niro.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

My car was built just before packs were introduced and had a number of extras.
Not sure what you get in the various packs, but to me the ones I have and would not give up in next car are
Heated seats, my rear ones are also heated but that is not essential.
Heated steering wheel.
These two alone are really useful as much more economical on battery to heat seats and wheel than the cabin heating.

Head up display is really good
ACC is essential, much better than cruise control, my first car with it and no going back.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Kimbie

Post by Kimbie »

Ken3966 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:29 pm My car was built just before packs were introduced and had a number of extras.
Not sure what you get in the various packs, but to me the ones I have and would not give up in next car are
Heated seats, my rear ones are also heated but that is not essential.
Heated steering wheel.
These two alone are really useful as much more economical on battery to heat seats and wheel than the cabin heating.

Head up display is really good
ACC is essential, much better than cruise control, my first car with it and no going back.
Other than the hud heated seats, heating steering wheel, acc all included on the base sport line model, hud is in a pack but not sure how much use would get out of it as don’t think it integrates with Apple Maps or Google Maps for directions could be wrong though

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post