Cold Weather Performance - Firsthand Experience at -36°C!

Post pictures of your Skoda Enyaq here
Contzer

Post by Contzer »

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share my recent experience with a "stress-test" of the Skoda Enyaq 80x in extreme cold conditions here in Luleå, Sweden. As some of you might know (or not :lol: ), Luleå is in the far north of Sweden, and our winters can be brutal. This morning, we faced a bone-chilling -36 degrees celsius. Despite forgetting to plug in my Enyaq to charge overnight, I was pleasantly surprised by its performance in these freezing temperatures.

Living in such a cold climate, I was worried about how my Enyaq would hold up, especially without a full charge. However, it started up flawlessly, quickly started warming up the cabin to a comfortable (considering the conditions) temperature. Even without the overnight charge (and pre-heating before driving away), the battery range was ”OK” (around 160km at 76% :) ), which was a relief considering the extreme cold. To perform this well in such extreme cold without a pre-night charge is truly crazy! How can a battery even work when it's -36 degrees celsius?

However, as you can see in my picture, the 12V battery is not very happy and is currently connected to my CTEK charger during this night.

Photo taken during my ride back from work.

Cheers!

IMG_0620.jpeg

Enyaq Coupé vRS 2023 - Magic Black - First electric for me!

Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Bbbrrrrrr 🥶
What software have you got?
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

48kwh/100km. That’s what I call consumption.
khikhi

Post by khikhi »

I got the same 12VDC battery icon this week (only -30C). The car works fine and the battery is charging when driving but maybe it's partly frozen or something. Voltage was 15,3V during the drive, but still the icon was On. I will wait next week's warming weather to fix the problem (hopefully).
80x Sportline with almost all packs
Ordered Aug 2021 - Delivered May 2022
Contzer

Post by Contzer »

I can report that the 12VDC battery icon did remain even after trying to charge the 12VDC battery, my guess is that it was too cold to actually charge. After spending two hours in a heated garage, the icon dissapeared. But it returned as soon as it got cold again. Workshop told me that I should not worry and get back if the icon still was showing when it will get warmer (they say we will have +1 degree celsius on tuesday, really crazy weather :) ).

Regarding software version, I'm running 3.6.
Enyaq Coupé vRS 2023 - Magic Black - First electric for me!
khikhi

Post by khikhi »

Nice to hear that there is no need to worry.
Today it was only -23C and the icon disappeared, but showed again in the evening at -29C. Maybe some limit at -25C??
80x Sportline with almost all packs
Ordered Aug 2021 - Delivered May 2022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post