Octopus / Enyaq 85

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Doodle24

Post by Doodle24 »

spinna1969 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:27 pm Hmmm. Does the pod point have any control. My sync ev charger had car integration through API and the company severed it today to help me troubleshoot. I’m intending a1130 plug in to generate a short term slot altercation from octopus ready by 4pm 31% charge. Hoping it sets out before it falls asleep. Wish me luck
Podpoint control and Octopus smart charging disabled, just using Škoda settings (either through infotainment or app) which seems to be reliably working (even though Skoda app says the car’s not plugged in) 🤷‍♂️
Enyaq 85x

spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

spinna1969 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:54 pm 11.33 slot set by octopus. Car went red. Failed connection. Opened car unplugged replugged green light. Pulling 7+kw charging. 90% by 4am. Got 1133-0100, 0100-0130, 0130-0300 & 0330-0400. BG sync EV charger with severed car API profile. EV energy app controlling charger with smart charging switched off. Will report in the morning if it went to 4am and if it achieved the requested SOC. If this works I’m using scheduled change for a few weeks before I need to do this again.
Mixed set of results. The charge ended at the time of the first slot at 1am and didn’t continue. Went out at 2.30(woke up in front of the tv 😂) no lights at car socket, unplugged and plugged back in. Refreshed octopus app and it gave me a new slot (2.33-4.00) it charged until 3.24 when it reached the 80% I deliberately left on the car’s limit. Total added 16.94kw-cost £1.27.
To summarise I’ll do this dance once a month. The trick is if you want 80 limit on the car side, set the octopus side to a high level even 100%. Set the earliest ready time on octopus, 4am I think. And importantly plug it in after 11.30.
The rest of the time I’m going to schedule 23.30 to 05.30 probably every day and plug in twice a week with a limit of 80%. Altering this to 100% when I’m doing a trip.

PS. One day I’ll try scheduled heating to wake it up between slots to see if that keeps it charging.
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

I have a 60 which has begun misbehaving with Intelligent Octopus Go. (It used to work OK.)

When I plug in, my car, charger and IOG all do the initial hand-shake which results in a minute or two of charging while the Smart Charging sessions are being calculated. Then, as expected, it stops.
It should then remain paused until the first Smart Charging session is reached. However lately I've been finding it bursting in to charge at any old time.

When I contacted Octopus, the most recent of a lengthy set of emails - 29th January - contained It looks as though there is currently an issue on Skoda's end which is affecting our ability to control car charging - this is being investigated currently. I'll keep an eye on this and let you know when we have an update.
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

Walter Eagle wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:20 pm I have a 60 which has begun misbehaving with Intelligent Octopus Go. (It used to work OK.)

When I plug in, my car, charger and IOG all do the initial hand-shake which results in a minute or two of charging while the Smart Charging sessions are being calculated. Then, as expected, it stops.
It should then remain paused until the first Smart Charging session is reached. However lately I've been finding it bursting in to charge at any old time.

When I contacted Octopus, the most recent of a lengthy set of emails - 29th January - contained It looks as though there is currently an issue on Skoda's end which is affecting our ability to control car charging - this is being investigated currently. I'll keep an eye on this and let you know when we have an update.
To be honest. Your post explains a lot. So it’s hard work because there are issues. I can’t wait for it to get easier🤣
zeeandmartin

Post by zeeandmartin »

Doodle24 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:22 pm Switched from Octopus Go to Intelligent Octopus Go when I got the Enyaq. Took Octopus resetting something in their system to get the test charge to work but got there in the end. However I've never managed an Octopus scheduled charge. 5-10 mins after plugging in the Enyaq to my Podpoint the Skoda app shows the car as not plugged in. IO plans the next night's schedule which stays current in the Octopus app all day but no charging happens overnight. I can force the Enyaq to recognise that it is plugged in by starting an Octopus bump charge or turning on the climate through the Skoda app but again, after 10 mins inactivity it shows it as not plugged in.

I have however found that by disabling smart charging in the Octopus app and just setting a timed charge in the Skoda app for 2330 - 0530 it works every night even though the app is saying it isn't plugged in when I go to bed.
HI All,
I have just had 2 x Enyaq 80's on the bounce with no issues but I have just collected my 2024 Enyaq 85 Edition and I have exactly the problem above. I start the charge, the schedule is created, shortly after in the SKODA App I get ( cable not plugged in ) and I can not get a full overnight charge, it charges very intermittently and last night I got 26 kWh which was not enough as I only had 10%. I have had the car a week now. This is the same on both a granny lead of via my EON wall charger. Whats strange is while the APP is saying, "not plugged in" if I go out to the car I can start the charge by clicking "continue" on the main display.
Has anyone else got this ?
2024 Enyaq 85 Edition with Heat Pump
RandomRayOfSunshine

Post by RandomRayOfSunshine »

zeeandmartin wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:48 am Has anyone else got this ?
Yes.

I have not seen anyone report that their 85 correctly displays its connection status in MySkoda at all times. There are multiple reports of MySkoda displaying the car as not plugged in when the cable is connected but charging has been stopped and the car has gone to sleep. MySkoda correctly shows the car as plugged in whilst the car is awake. The way in which charging is stopped does not seem to make a difference.

However, this seems to be a stand-alone issue that does not prevent successful charging.

Charging initiated from the car (either manually or timed), from MySkoda and by control of the charge point all seem to be consistently reliable.

Whether Intelligent Octopus executes a charge plan successfully (by controlling the car) appears to be dependent largely on factors beyond an owner's control, requiring seamless communication from Octopus to Skoda to the car and at least one of these steps seems subject to failure due to high demand. I have experienced outcomes ranging from no charge added to successful execution of an overnight charge to 100% without intervention.

If it doesn't really matter whether I charge today or tomorrow, I leave it to the technology and see how it goes. I get what I ask for about 80% of the time. If I must achieve a charge level, then I use a more reliable method.
Enyaq 85 Edition. Ordered 17/12/23. Delivered 17/1/24.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post