Thoughts on the Polestar 2

The place to discuss everything else..
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

I've had my Enyaq for more than 6 months now, and have spent the last few days driving a Polestar 2 around Mallorca.

I like my Enyaq so much better!

Obviously some things are going to be around familiarity, and some around the bigger boot.

But the following things are much better on the Enyaq:
  • 360 cameras - so distorted and difficult to use on the Polestar
  • adaptive cruise control - doesn't update speed for signs (I know some people don't like that - I do) and it will happily undertake which the Enyaq doesn't unless prompted to
  • auto steering doesn't give me any confidence compared to Enyaq
  • speed limit updates are poor, especially without a data connection
  • there's no where to rest your right foot if it isn't on the accelerator
  • the Google software isn't that good - I expected it to be really nice. And you can't use android Auto instead
I do like that it's a proper car shape (I want my Octavia back, but modern and electric!). It is smooth and powerful, and the brakes engage much more directly - I haven't established how much regenerative braking goes on but it seems there is some and I don't feel a change from one to the other as I sometimes do in the Enyaq. And I love having the Google route map in the driver's console - not as much as I like the HUD on my Enyaq though :D
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi

snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

Oh, and it beeps all the time! With no indication on the dash as to what it is trying to get your attention for!
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post