How do you stop enyaq auto charging when you plug house charger in.

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

Hi there, for life of me can't see where I turn off the auto charge when I insert the charger from the house.
Is it in the car or is it from skoda app you need to disable this.
When trying to bump charge with Octopus always gets rejected as always charging.
Any ideas appreciated, cheers.

Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I think some people set a charging timer.

For me if I ever need a bump charge I will plug the car in, wait for octopus to realise it's charging and create a schedule (which will stop the charge), and then press the bump charge option.

You can also stop if from the Skoda app
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Deleted User 2162

Post by Deleted User 2162 »

As you mention bump charge with Octopus Im going to assume you are on Intelligent Octopus tariff, or are you trying to set it up?

For intelligent to be set up the way that worked for me was....
0. Ensure no schedules are set in the Enyaq so it will charge immediately
1. Connect charger on its setting that allows charging straight away (e.g. fast).
2. Unlock the car - this seems to help with quicker update to the Skoda servers.
3. Stop the charge in the Skoda app.
4. Go to octopus App to set-up and go through it all as normal.
5. If it fails the first time, just try again and be patient.

For charging after its set-up... (simple version that costs for 15 minutes at peak rate but easier to see it set up and gives the option of charging outside of night rate)
1. Ensure no schedules are set in the Enyaq so it will charge immediately.
2. Connect charger on its setting that allows charging straight away (e.g. fast).
3. It will start charging - just wait and within 15 minutes it will stop as Octopus stop the charge through the newly created connection.
4. Wait and it will charge overnight as scheduled in the app.

For charging after its set-up... (advanced version that doesn't cost the perk rate but requires more trust and limits charging to the night rate).
1. Ensure no schedules are set in the Enyaq so it will charge immediately.
2. Create a schedule for the charger that changes it to 'fast' or charge now mode, or similar at 23:30 until 5:30.
3. Ensure Octopus App is set to finish charge by the same time as the scheduled finish above (5:30).
4. Connect charger.
5. At 23:30 it will start charging like on the simple version, then Octopus will see this and it will stop the charge, and create the schedule. Until then, the octopus app shows nothing.
6. Wait and it will charge overnight as scheduled in the app.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Hello EnyaqAndy,

Thanks that a very helpful and comprehensive explanation of IO. Switched to IO a from Octopus Go a few months ago and am finding a slight savings in the off peak tariffs is offset by the 15/20 minute test on IO at peak rates. Typically this puts 1.5kw into the car before setting up the IO schedule. So a test charge costs around 45p and I typically put around 30 kw in overnight which brings the average per kw pretty close to Go rate. I tried to mitigate these costs by charging less frequently but adding more charge, so less frequent expensive test charges. Even considered waiting to 11:30pm and then plugging in but this sort of defeats the “intelligent” objective.

Does anyone understand the logic of the IO schedule, for example last night mine was 11:30-12:30, 12:30 -06:30. Why not just schedule 11:30 -06:30?
I do find IO reliable for charging to the required SOC by the time set in the Octopus App.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
frankfurterbear1

If you setup a schedule charge at 11.30 using your own charger can you use this to bypass the IO schedule or would this not enable you to get the cheap rate?
. I. E. Only way to get cheap rate is to use IO scheduler or can you use your own method at 11.30am?
aljack42

Post by aljack42 »

For those using OVO Charge Anytime, just plug the charger in and press Stop Charging on the charge page of the infotainment. It will say Process Paused. Or you can stop it charging from the app. The OVO app allows the time that you want it ready to drive to be input, and the percent charge that you want. Mine usually responds that charging will be after 1.00am or 3.00am, which is when OVO has determined that it will be 'greenest'.
Like the name says, the cheap charging can be at any time of the day - all you need to do is say when you want it ready by.
There is a way of telling the OVO app that you want to charge mimediately, called "Start Urgent Charge", but this will not be at the cheap rate.
iV60 Loft Quartz (now Graphite) grey. Towbar, Comfort+, Convenience, Light & View Basic, Transport, Parking+, Climate+, Sunroof, Assisted Drive Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Family+, Ordered 21 Sept '21. Delivered 27/6/22 with version 3 s/w
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

What works for me on Intelligent Octopus (others have mentioned this on here, so I can’t claim credit for it):
Charger is set to ‘dumb’ mode (ie charge immediately)
Car is likewise set to charge immediately
Unlock car &open driver door (so car doesn’t re-lock)
Plug in charger
Go to screen, most times it displays charging screen. If not select charging screen
Tap the stop charge button
In the few seconds it has taken to go from plugging in to checking the main screen, Octopus will have received the message that your car is ready to charge. They will set their schedule and the car is ready to go at the time I’ve set for the morning.

They break the charge into half hour segments to try to match their demand with the cheapest electricity overnight. Eg, If high winds are predicted for 3am, they will want to take advantage & have cars charging at that time.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Deleted User 2162

Post by Deleted User 2162 »

frankfurterbear1 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:01 pm If you setup a schedule charge at 11.30 using your own charger can you use this to bypass the IO schedule or would this not enable you to get the cheap rate?
. I. E. Only way to get cheap rate is to use IO scheduler or can you use your own method at 11.30am?
Yes and No.

If you set the schedule on the charger for 23:30, then IO only sees you have plugged in when you have started charging (advanced first in my original post) and creates the schedule from then.

If you set the schedule for 11:30 AM, and plug in before at 11 say, then the car will start charging at 11:30, IO will likely see this and then stop the charge after 15 minutes and create the schedule which all revolves around the time it needs to be finished at.

If you are trying to get IO slots at 11:30 AM so other house usage is reduced rate also, then this is very difficult.

The simplest way for IO to just get cheaper rates like GO is to have the car connected via the app but smart charging suspended. Then just use the charger scheduling. For me the benefit of this approach of not charging 15 minutes at peak rate is more than the small % of additional slots that could be obtained in the morning (7-8am time). I only have a iv60 so imagine the 80 could result in more slots pushed into the early morning or late evening depending on plug in time. There is nothing in the terms that says they have to control the car, it just asks for a connection which they have.
frankfurterbear1

Thanks Andy,

Appreciate the info.
My problem is and hopefully after the car makes a trip to garage on Thursday is every IO slot during the 11.30 to 5.30 slot my car alarm triggers. Murder. I'm hoping my neighbours don't kill me! Been happening for weeks indiscriminately during the day, but the charging cycles through night cause this to trigger where as if just plugging in and going without IO I don't get alarm triggering.
EnyaqAndy23 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:03 pm
frankfurterbear1 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:01 pm If you setup a schedule charge at 11.30 using your own charger can you use this to bypass the IO schedule or would this not enable you to get the cheap rate?
Yes and No.

If you set the schedule on the charger for 23:30, then IO only sees you have plugged in when you have started charging (advanced first in my original post) and creates the schedule from then.

If you set the schedule for 11:30 AM, and plug in before at 11 say, then the car will start charging at 11:30, IO will likely see this and then stop the charge after 15 minutes and create the schedule which all revolves around the time it needs to be finished at.

If you are trying to get IO slots at 11:30 AM so other house usage is reduced rate also, then this is very difficult.

The simplest way for IO to just get cheaper rates like GO is to have the car connected via the app but smart charging suspended. Then just use the charger scheduling. For me the benefit of this approach of not charging 15 minutes at peak rate is more than the small % of additional slots that could be obtained in the morning (7-8am time). I only have a iv60 so imagine the 80 could result in more slots pushed into the early morning or late evening depending on plug in time. There is nothing in the terms that says they have to control the car, it just asks for a connection which they have.
frankfurterbear1

Thanks Andy,

Appreciate the info.
My problem is and hopefully after the car makes a trip to garage on Thursday is every IO slot during the 11.30 to 5.30 slot my car alarm triggers. Murder. I'm hoping my neighbours don't kill me! Been happening for weeks indiscriminately during the day, but the charging cycles through night cause this to trigger where as if just plugging in and going without IO I don't get alarm triggering.
EnyaqAndy23 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:03 pm
Yes and No.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post