Electric Drive is not working correctly

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Deleted User 2312

Post by Deleted User 2312 »

Ours is a 2022 car - it was bought approved used direct form ŠKODA with 4000 miles on it. Same rights apply to used as new - to a point.

Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

ah fair enough :)
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Deleted User 2312

Post by Deleted User 2312 »

Charged the car from 20% to 100% with reduced charging rate on so 2KW in one go without stopping and starting, then left for many hours.

Warning light gone - what are ŠKODA doing!

Some cell unbalance (62)… min to max voltage is 11mV after (no warning light) and 15mV before with warning light.

Astonishing they will be getting back a rejected car because they can’t fix this permanently without taring the battery apart and it will take 5+ months.

IMG_1641.png

IMG_1643.png

Joj089

Post by Joj089 »

I’m just wondering if anyone has managed to get the parts to fix their battery yet?

I got a call back in October to book the car in for it’s recall battery fix as they were expecting the parts and should have been able to do it early December (this was the first I’d heard of the Skoda battery recall although my dad had an ID3 and ended up doing an early part ex because the faults were so bad and they couldn’t get the parts to fix them).

Anyway, the parts didn’t come in and they put the date back to today, I wasn’t holding out much hope on them being able to do it then anyway. But over Christmas the yellow electric drive light came on and now won’t go off so we told Skoda to expect that, because the light is on they want to take the car off us and give us a hire car so they can check the state of the battery, but if they do that they won’t give us the car back until they can fix it which they now say could be months. Equally, they say if they don’t take the car they won’t know which parts they need to order so we’re in a bit of a stuck situation.

They also, apparently, don’t have any hire cars left to give us because they’ve got a backlog of enyaqs in the garage waiting to be fixed!
I’ve been going round in circles with them for the past week and feel no further forward and at this point have no clue when the car will actually get fixed and just keep being told they should have the parts any day now.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I drove mine for 2 months with the light on, waiting for a slot at the dealership. But as you said, once they actually got the car in and ran the diagnostics, they said they wanted to keep hold of it until it was fixed. That was the 28th November.

I last spoke to the dealership the week before christmas, they had no update. I didnt expect much would have happened between then and now given the holidays. I'll probably get in touch with them next week for another update.

My patience with the Superb loan car is wearing thin though, not only is it costing me loads in fuel, its also just not that nice to drive, the gearbox is really horrible.

In a way, i kinda get that its out of the dealerships direct control, they've done what they can giving me a loan car to use. The VAG group as a whole need to be getting to grips with this problem. I believe if the car is financed (via PCP etc) you can get onto the finance company as a bit of an extra lever to pull. However mine was not financed, it was bought with a loan instead, so it seems i dont have that option.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Joj089

Post by Joj089 »

I’ve spoken to our Skoda garage again today, they have now said that there is no longer any ETA for parts because the tooling is embargoed in Russia and they just can’t get it out.

I’ve only got 6 months left on the lease as we got it through salary sacrifice so my next option is to try and get out of the lease early. Skoda have agreed to get a hire car through Europcar for us, a passat estate, can’t say I’m thrilled but it helps build a case with the fleet company to get rid of the car early.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Sounds somewhat bullshitty given russia has been under sanctions for 18months+ at this point... Why on earth would they be trying to get parts out of Russia nearly 2 years into a war thats got no signs of ending soon...

Not only that, but cars ARE being fixed, albeit very slowly. Theres a chap on here who had his car sorted just before Christmas for instance.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Joj089 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:41 pm I’ve spoken to our Skoda garage again today, they have now said that there is no longer any ETA for parts because the tooling is embargoed in Russia and they just can’t get it out...
How are they getting the parts to build new cars?
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Evening,
I’m having the same issue as a few of you, Electric drive not working correctly on my 21 plate Enyaq.
21 faults apparently awaiting a slot at a Battery Centre.
Car due to be uplifted to Newport Battery Care centre as Bristol is full and refusing to take any more vehicles.
Apparently ŠKODA directly then should be providing me with a car, but apparently the claim was rejected so Fish Brothers Swindon have provided me with a car for a few days whilst they try to get ŠKODA to sort this out. Dealership said I need to complain to ŠKODA directly.
Not holding much hope of getting my car back anytime soon, tempted like a few of you to hold onto my vehicle until the parts have arrived and take the risk of carrying on driving it.
AdrianT

Post by AdrianT »

I have the same problem after 18 months and 17000 miles from new (22 plate). - Electric drive not working correctly indicator etc. Had the roadside assistance out (fortunately car was at home) and the second visit (first from VAG assistance, second from a Skoda technician i believe) gave the fault as one cell down to 3.7V, everything else at 3.9V. I have contacted the dealership and can't get it in to them until 30th Jan and have a loan car promised from them for a couple of days only. Unfortunately they have closed their local branch and I have a 40+ mile trip to get there!

I have a couple of long trips (165 miles each way, so will charge to 100% before leaving) in my schedule over the next three weeks and want to know if it is safe to use the car for these. Technician reckoned it should be fine, just lose a bit of range, but comments in this post suggest that might not be the case.

Any thoughts please?

Cheers

Adrian
iV60

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post