100mph on the M3 (ACC)?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
parkview094

Post by parkview094 »

Was using ACC set to 70mph on the M3 southbound the other day and suddenly the car detected a speed limit change to 100mph and upped the ACC to 84mph.
Curious if anyone else has anyone else had this?
Enyaq iV80, ecoSuite, Metallic Brilliant Silver, Heat Pump, Climate Pack, Convenience Pack Plus, Transport Pack, Panoramic Roof.
Ohme Home Pro Charger (Tethered)
Ordered 13/10/21. Order accepted July 2022. Build Week 44 (31st October). Collected 17/12/22

TheYak

Post by TheYak »

I've had plenty of instances of my car misreading (or missing) the speed limit signs... but never taking it above 70mph. Sounds like a SW flaw tbh - there shouldn't ever be a >70mph limit in the UK... but there are plenty of 100, 110, 130 kph limits across the channel.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I have had occasional blips where range shows in Kim’s for a short period before reverting to miles, may be the same issue occurred whilst acc was engaged?
Personally I dislike it changing speed in acc mode as it detects speed limits as have had sudden braking when it thinks it is on an adjacent road with 20 or 30 limit instead of actually 70 limit.
I have disabled this option and the similar one for hazards as far too conservative in slowing early for say a roundabout or by too much for bends
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

Never experienced this problem, but have experienced the exact opposite.
Driving along in Lane 1, ACC set at, say 65mph, using car's own built-in SatNav, and passing a junction.
Software flaw in SatNav then decides that the vehicle is actiually moving up the slip road and has left the motorway.
The ACC then wrongly sees the roundabout approaching at the exit and slams on the brakes - all while I'm passing underneath the roundabout still in Lane 1.
I assume that was as terifying for vehicles behind me as it was for me.
Happened several times at several exits on several motorways.

Gave up using Enyaq's own SatNav and began using Google Maps via Android Auto. No problem since then.

Bloody Skoda software.
Last edited by Walter Eagle on Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Walter Eagle wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:04 am Never experienced this problem, but have experienced the exact opposite.
Driving along in Lane 1, ACC set at, say 65mph, using car's own built-in SatNav, and passing a junction.
Software flaw in SatNav then decides that the vehicle is actiually moving up the slip road and has left the motorway.
The ACC then wrongly sees the roundabout approaching at the exit and slams on the brakes - all while I'm passing underneath the roundabout still in Lane 1.
I assume that was as terifying for vehicles behind me as it was for me.
Happened several times at several exits on several motorways.

Gave up using Enyaq's own SatNav and began using Google Mpas via Android Auto. No problem since then.

Bloody Skoda software.
Just turn off that function in the acc settings, even if you use another map the acc will be getting speed data from the built in one to display on the dash so it could still happen. This is an option that stays off when deselected as does slowing for hazards.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

Yeah, the ACC 'preview' can be turned off.
But if you know a way to tell the SatNav I'm still on the route it sent me on and not taking a diversion up a slip-road, round a roundabout, and back down the joining slip road, I'd love to hear it.
This is one piece of Skoda software getting it wrong, telling another piece of Skoda software, "Look out for the rapidly approaching non-existent roundabout", and the second software reacting accordingly. And all we can do is disable the second piece of software.

Has no-one from Skoda ever driven an Enyaq?
Helijock

Post by Helijock »

Yes, quite a few time when going past our local school it would suddenly start accelerating to 80mph. It could have mistook the 20mpg sign for 80, but I doubt that. Since I'm on ME 3.0 it has now stopped.
Ordered June 21. Race Blue, Suit, 19" Proteus wheels, 100kw charging, Heat Pump, Comfort seat plus, Climate package plus, Transport pack, Drive Sport basic, Assisted Drive basic, Parking basic. Then I ran out of money!
parkview094

Post by parkview094 »

This happened to me again last week, this time on the M1. Wrote to Skoda who have replied and asked me to book into my local dealership for an 'update' to rectify the issue!?
No details of what the update is, so I'm dubious but will give it a go.
At least Skoda didn't immediately wash their hands of the issue unlike BMW.. https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/2097603 ... 0mph-road/
Enyaq iV80, ecoSuite, Metallic Brilliant Silver, Heat Pump, Climate Pack, Convenience Pack Plus, Transport Pack, Panoramic Roof.
Ohme Home Pro Charger (Tethered)
Ordered 13/10/21. Order accepted July 2022. Build Week 44 (31st October). Collected 17/12/22
Panagon

Post by Panagon »

Yep, just got exactly the same issue on M20, sudden change to 100 mph.
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

Recently took a 500 mile trip and this caught me out a few times too.

I firstly wondered if there was a way to ‘dismiss’ the notification telling you that a new speed limit has been detected that would then not change the speed the car is driving at?

Secondly, on apple maps I’ve noticed the GPS position is not stable, it is jumping about quite a bit. Not sure if a software fix could resolve this.
iV80X, Black Magic, 20” Vega Anthracite, Comfort Seat Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Heat Pump, Transport Pack, Light and View Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Pack Plus, Climate Pack Plus, Parking Pack, Family Pack. Acquired Aug 2023