Battery protection limit messages

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Andy1832

Post by Andy1832 »

Did a very short journey today around 4 miles only using 1% of the 80 that I started with and wondering what the messages on Skoda App this evening are referring to.
Vehicle status, Battery range, Target temperature and Charging location are all displaying “Unavailable due to battery protection limit”
Could not find this in search of forum so grateful if anyone can throw some light on this. In particular I would like to know which battery it is referring to.
iV 80 Loft Energy Blue Pan Roof and Drive package basic

Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

This comes on if you try and contact car with app too often to prevent flattening the small 12v battery.
Go to the car and activate it then lock it again and it will work again.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Andy1832

Post by Andy1832 »

Ken3966 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:26 pm This comes on if you try and contact car with app too often to prevent flattening the small 12v battery.
Go to the car and activate it then lock it again and it will work again.
Thanks Ken, makes sense, was wondering how small that small battery is, I still haven’t found it! Given that the main load on the battery in an ICE car is the starter motor I expect they can get away with something very small.
iV 80 Loft Energy Blue Pan Roof and Drive package basic
RichR

Post by RichR »

Under the bonnet, behind the screenwash bottle. 🙂
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

This post (click the small up arrow to jump to it) has a photo of my 12 V battery:
snalbansed wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:50 am This is what mine looks like - March 2023 delivery:

PXL_20230409_104634341.jpg

There is a plastic cover on half the battery, just like yours. Underneath it looks like this:

PXL_20230409_104657567.jpg
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
EVSJ

Post by EVSJ »

Interestingly I saw this last night in my app. The car had done a long drive only a couple of hours earlier and I'd only opened the app once to check the charge level. Didn't think much of it, but I suspect it also resulted in my car not communicating to Ovo last night and therefore not charging.

Only seen it once before when I first got the car but I was using the app a lot so made sense. Last night not sure why it happened...

Will
IV80 ordered 31/03/22. Estimated 13 month wait. Build week 10 '23.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

I’ve never seen this message before but came up tonight, haven’t changed any of my habits regarding charging but this is the second night running my car has not successfully connected to octopus intelligence and refuses to give me my charging schedule for overnight charging and just wants to charge straight away.
Any help with what it means is it a glitch?

IMG_3988.png

Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

I had a similar message this morning after charging my Enyaq to 80% overnight - being a bit concerned I then checked on the old App and everything was normal - charged to 80% with 200 mile range. The car started and moved fine - my 12 volt battery was replaced last November as part of the ME3 software update. To the best of my knowledge there was no drain on the battery so put in down to an App glitch. After moving the car a few yards the battery limitation warning disappeared.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Thank you for reassuring me, as I’ve just done my commute home of 40 mile’s motorway driving didn’t use anything unusual and normal driving habits so not sure what could have drained the battery
Recently had my first service and 12v battery was replaced and software was updated to the latest version which took four days.
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

It looks like a server issue. I currently (no pun intended) have the “Unavailable due to battery protection limit” message plastered all over my app!
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post