Intelligent Octopus Setup

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
jimmyb78

Post by jimmyb78 »

I've just tried to get connected to Intelligent octopus but not sure if it's worked. We went through all the screens at setup, signed into the Skoda app and it said the vehicle was connected. Clicked continue and the app just closed with no indication on reponing that anything had happened.

We tried this a couple of times with the same result, just crashed when click continue after it had linked the car.

Now if I log in to my octopus account on my laptop it indicates it is going to switch but has the following message
We're setting you up to join Intelligent Octopus. We need to book your smart meter exchange next.
I've a SMETS2 meter that's ben working find on Go for several years.

Has anyone had similar problems/messages when trying to set up?

Thanks
iv80 loft, Arctic Silver electric towbar, 125kw fast charging, kids pack
Ordered Early July 2021 through Hitachi lease

newby Ian

Post by newby Ian »

I had a lot of issues getting Octopus to recognise my meter and charger ( hypervolt) . Persist with it and send them N email urgently . They took 8 weeks to “ recognise “my meter despite numerous emails and promises it was getting sorted. It’s great when it does work but frustrating getting what should be a simple set up , done.

stick in there

Ian
Dugaleen

Post by Dugaleen »

I have exactly the same as Jimmyb. App just crashes instead of doing test charge. Octopus customer service have escalated to smart charge team and say they will contact us within a day or 2. fingers crossed.
jimmyb78

Post by jimmyb78 »

Dugaleen wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:29 am I have exactly the same as Jimmyb. App just crashes instead of doing test charge. Octopus customer service have escalated to smart charge team and say they will contact us within a day or 2. fingers crossed.
Ah good to hear not just me! Were you on android or iPhone?

My account page has changed to readings available though it doesn't mention switch to intelligent now.

Will maybe give it another go in the app later
jimmyb78

Post by jimmyb78 »

Tried again this morning and got the same thing. App crashes after linking the car and before being able to do a test charge.

I'll try contacting them, they seem quite quick to respond via twitter
jimmyb78

Post by jimmyb78 »

Got the following via twitter
Hi James,

Thanks for letting us know.

Our techs are aware of an issue when onboarding to IO through the current app version a new version is due for release in the next few days that will allow you to connect.

Kind regards,

Michelle 🐙
Silvestro

Post by Silvestro »

Exactly the same problem. The app crashes as soon as the car is linked. Customer service has said there will be an update very soon. Fingers crossed!
dereks

Post by dereks »

I had the same issue. I deleted the octopus app and found an older version V3.71.1 and installed that. All worked properly and went to the test charge. updated to the newest app and all is working..
I've reported to the app developers and they are aware of the issue.
Artic Silver IV60 20" Alloys, suite, 100KW,
family, climate, convenience, transport, lights, drive sport, assisted drive, parking packs.
Octopus Energy share.octopus.energy/vivid-cub-951
jimmyb78

Post by jimmyb78 »

I've just updated to 3.73, will see if that one works
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

If like me, with 2 EVs, intelligible for Intelligent Octopus because I also have the ‘wrong’ charger Octopus Go is a good alternative if you have a smart meter (SMETS2). Previously you were tied to a 12 month contract, however, mine is just about to expire. Contact is now linked to the standard variable price, but with 4 hours of off peak charging at 9.5 kWh - not as favourable as Intelligent, but no longer any premium above the standard variable tariff, as before. If your struggling to conect to Intelligent sign up for Go and then switch to Intelligent at any time. I would save more money on Intelligent but I’m not replacing my Sync EV charger with an OHME just to be able to charge a second EV for an extra couple of hours and save 2p kWh, it would take years to recover the costs.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post