Is it winter that we're inter

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

My range on a full charge (iv60) has nosedived from a high of 220 in the summer, to 175 yesterday. This seems an extreme fluctuation, even before real ice and snow arrives. Let's not even discuss the utter bullsh*t 256 claim.

What is everyone else's expereince? I preheat while plugged in before my commute, then go to 21 degrees in cabin, but 175 isn't great :(

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I’m into my second winter now, having taken delivery 13 months ago.

I’m getting around 230~250 miles, compared to close to 300 actual miles back in the summer. No great shock though as I knew all along that winter affects range quite a bit. I’m also not driving it anywhere near as efficiently as I was, when I first got the Enyaq, as I’m much more relaxed (experienced) regarding nurturing the best range out of it when I need to, or where I’m going to recharge.

IV80. No heat pump.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
leelazer203

Post by leelazer203 »

If I don't use the cabin heater and just use the heated seat and heated steering wheel then I am still getting around 220 miles per charge. (IV60 with heatpump)) My commute doesnt have any motorway driving though. I do have around 8 miles of A road at 50mph. If I use the cabin heater then i only get around 190 miles per charge. I always drive in eco mode and my average miles per kw is 4.2 at the moment.
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

I probably should have mentioned that I don't have a heat pump or heated seats (which I do miss, but couldn't option for various reasons)
leelazer203

Post by leelazer203 »

That may be why you have such a big drop in range then. Its a shame you were unable to option for the heated seats and heat pump. I am certain that they are helping to maintain the range in this colder weather.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

I’m noticing quite a decrease recently - since ME3 upgrade have covered around 600 miles at 3.5kWh average - prior to this upgrade was averaging 3.9kWh from February to October. Currently on shorter trips it is only around 3.0kWh. I don’t use a/c, always drive in ECo and heat the cabin to 20c, don’t have a heat pump and don’t preheat cabin. In reality a bit more home charging but the cost per mile on Octopus Go still works out around 2.5p a mile. I do tend to forget about heated seats and steering wheel unless it is very cold.

It is worth watching Enyaq Gorm on You Tube who always makes excellent videos of his IV60 and has just made one on his experience post ME3 upgrade (sure someone more IT savvy than me will put a link to it). It is especially interesting to see what he says ME3 has done to reduce battery/cabin heating power.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Pksk

Post by Pksk »

Here’s the link. Not watched it.
IV 60 Suite, Race Blue, 21”, Climate Basic, Convenience Basic, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus. ME 3.0 updated, 125kwh charge upgrade. Hypervolt 2.0, Solar plus Battery.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I’m surprised he’s not on this forum….. or is he ;-)
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

No, Domnhall is on the Facebook group and Briskoda forum only.

I'm still getting about 3.6mi/kWh, without doing anything special (climate control on auto 19C etc). I prefer to just drive the car and not worry too much about range that I'm not going to use. It's rare that I drive more than 150 miles without a stop anyway, so if the range is 200 miles or 300 miles doesn't really bother me.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RichR wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:18 pm … I prefer to just drive the car and not worry too much about range that I'm not going to use. It's rare that I drive more than 150 miles without a stop anyway, so if the range is 200 miles or 300 miles doesn't really bother me.

Very well said actually; I think a lot of us - quite understandably - worry about this at first, but a year in, I’m not bothered and I just enjoy the Enyaq for all the great things it gives me. If the kids want to use the heater, I let them. If I want to drive at 70, I will. On the rare occasion (twice a month?) where I travel more than 200 miles, I’ll drive it a bit more economically if time permits, but only because I’m tight-fisted and don’t like paying public charger prices unnecessarily!

My initial philosophy of driving it as economically as possible, all the time, went out the window after the long-term average consumption data reset after 10,000 km which it apparently does every 10k! I was a bit annoyed at first but actually it’s quite cathartic, not being hooked on keeping the average miles / kWh reading as high as possible. As a result, I can enjoy just driving the thing !!
Last edited by Goaty on Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post