It's the same?

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tnilab

Post by Tnilab »

Hello everyone,

I have been an Enyaq owner for 3 months. I noticed that after a long drive (especially on the highway) if I accelerate the car, I feel a slight vibration. Sometimes I feel it more strongly. For example, on the freeway ramp if I accelerate. It's not the wheels, because the pounding vibration already occurs after pressing the pedal. It's like an petrol car in too high a gear and straining. A loud, strong vibrational noise and feeling as well, which
goes away when the load decreases. The car is iV 80 RWD.
It may have been like this from the beginning, but I love and pay attention to it more and more!
Thanks for the reply!

ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

I definitely don't get this. Mine is liquid smooth at any acceleration level. You should get the dealer to sit in it and compare it their their demonstrator.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Tnilab

Post by Tnilab »

I only feel this after driving at long highway speeds (300 km). I can't bring it up right away. Is this not possible even after a long and fast drive? There are no error messages! No loss of power! No problem other than the vibration.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Tnilab wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:13 pm I only feel this after driving at long highway speeds (300 km). I can't bring it up right away. Is this not possible even after a long and fast drive? There are no error messages! No loss of power! No problem other than the vibration.

I don’t experience what you described at all, and I have driven plenty of 300km+ non-stop journeys on motorways over the last year. Best of luck getting it diagnosed; sounds like a tricky issue to replicate (a dealership will just drive it for 10km and say “nope, can’t find anything wrong” 🙄)
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Tnilab wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:13 pm I only feel this after driving at long highway speeds (300 km). I can't bring it up right away. Is this not possible even after a long and fast drive? There are no error messages! No loss of power! No problem other than the vibration.
In fairness, I've never driven our car under those conditions, so I can't say for sure. Nothing so far has hinted at this, but I will probably never find out if only those conditions create the problem. Can you run a vibration measuring/recording app on your phone and rigidly mount your phone to the car to capture it. Not much, but better than nothing.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Tnilab

Post by Tnilab »

Thank you for your answers.
When I haven't driven many km with it, there is no problem yet. So the first half of long journeys are always uneventful.
I don't think the problem is in the drivetrain, because after strong acceleration (when I feel the vibration), if I shift N, I still feel the shaking.
I wouldn't think the tire is responsible either, because the same thing happens with winter and summer tires.
Hillocklane

Post by Hillocklane »

Tnilab wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:52 am Thank you for your answers.
When I haven't driven many km with it, there is no problem yet. So the first half of long journeys are always uneventful.
I don't think the problem is in the drivetrain, because after strong acceleration (when I feel the vibration), if I shift N, I still feel the shaking.
I wouldn't think the tire is responsible either, because the same thing happens with winter and summer tires.
Not been on the forum for ages, but just come back to look if anyone else had experienced this vibration - so i'm really thankful for your post and rest assured, you are at least not alone! Mine is a 21 plate 80 RWD with about 12k on the clock, never noticed it before now but over Christmas, at the end of a long journey (260 miles, brief charge stop only) and fully laden i began to notice when accelerating there was a considerable vibration - passengers could feel it too.

On subsequent journeys, the issue has not reappeared. Same as you report, no errors.

Plan to ask the dealer, but not expecting much response since the problem can't easily be shown.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I have a little bit of a rumble when accelerating from say 60 only really notice if stereo is off but no visible shaking from steering wheel or anything rattling
Stepmb

Post by Stepmb »

See www.enyaq-forum.de for at least one thread on this issue. This forum has many threads on Enyaq problems.