ME3 changes

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 »

Hey folks, just picked up my car after the ME3 update. A few things I’m not happy with at all.

First, the ACC and Travel Assist buttons on the steering wheel don’t seem to be working as they used to. Before the update, I was able to activate both just by pressing the buttons on the wheel. Both systems would activate and I wouldn’t need to touch the cruise control stalk. Now I need to press the stalk, and then press both buttons on the steering wheel. Feels like a loss of function.

Secondly, in the app, there are new vehicle health check, and doors and lights sections. For me, it’s telling me my subscription expired…….in 1970.

Finally, the screen when you start the car with the option to go online/offline etc. stays on screen until I select an option. It never did that before. It always just disappeared after a few seconds.

Has anyone else experienced any of these issues after the update? Please tell me there are benefits to ME3x because I have only seen niggles since I picked the car up an hour ago!

ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Mine came with 3.1 installed and the test drive was so long before that, I can't remember what 2.3/2.4 was like. Battery percentage on the virtual cockpit display is one benefit. It took me time to get my head around the ACC/travel assist, but now it feels normal. The button on the steering wheel toggles between the two modes and the stalk activates and deactivates. You'll get used to it. The subscription sounds like an issue.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

1/1/1970 is the UNIX epoch, where all time is measured from, in seconds, on all Linux machines.

Doesn't help you one bit, but does explain perhaps why it expired in 1970!
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 »

snalbansed wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:55 pm 1/1/1970 is the UNIX epoch, where all time is measured from, in seconds, on all Linux machines.

Doesn't help you one bit, but does explain perhaps why it expired in 1970!
Yep, 01/01/1970. Wouldn’t mind but it took them 5 bloody days to update my car because it kept crashing. And they can’t even keep their epochs straight after all that.
WD40

Post by WD40 »

For the doors and lights etc in the app, you need to log in to Skoda connect website and “purchase” the free update which activates those features.

On start up, apparently 3.0 will require you to click ok on the screen on startup every single time. Apparently there is another update coming soon (3.1 will come on automatically over the air) which will stop this.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

You won't be able to unlock/lock the car from the app or turn lights on. That is not available on the Enyaq yet. It does seem a bit bonkers that skoda's most technically advanced car has fewer remote features than cars they were building 4 years ago. Hopefully they will add the missing stuff in the future. It's not like they can't do it, they just haven't.
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

WD40 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:12 pm For the doors and lights etc in the app, you need to log in to Skoda connect website and “purchase” the free update which activates those features.

On start up, apparently 3.0 will require you to click ok on the screen on startup every single time. Apparently there is another update coming soon (3.1 will come on automatically over the air) which will stop this.
I have version 3.1. You still need to click OK every single time. Where did you hear otherwise?