Battery Fault in ID3s and ID4s

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Yep.. I’m within this range. I’m in the 18000’s range. Built Sept 2021.

428FA1C2-0457-4424-A633-64527C0885E2.jpeg

09CBFB7D-8B43-466B-A388-7CE559E5F823.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

RichR

Post by RichR »

Mine too (NF023xxxx). But it’s a huge range of VINs and I’ve never had a warning message about the drive system in almost a year of ownership. So there might be other checks (perhaps the serial number of the battery pack itself).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ Good point. Same here; never had any warnings about the drive system in almost a year.
Last edited by Goaty on Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

MikeJL wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:55 pm
tiger tony wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:53 pm Further digging has found a SKODA Service campaign ref 93Q3 for Enyaqs.

Unfortunately it doesn't specify which models could be affected, that's down to the dealer with more specific data :(
But it does give the VIN numbers affected, so we can check our cars against the ranges given.
Like I said at the beginning - the VIN numbers listed are only a range. There may be only a dozen or so within that range that are affected or maybe a few thousand. I'm not privileged enough to have access to that full database, your dealer should know more.

I'm sure they are all on the ball and will inform you accordingly lol :D
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

tiger tony wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:05 am I'm sure they are all on the ball and will inform you accordingly lol :D
I was with you up to this... ;)
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
KevMc

Post by KevMc »

My Enyaq 80x (manufactured Dec 21 - delivered May 22) Just had the software update installed and while the car was with Skoda, they also replaced the battery. When I quizzed them on the reasons, they told me they have replaced the battery in every single Enyaq that they installed the software update. They said there is no issue with the later delivered Enyaqs. The reason I was given for replacement = faulty battery. This doesn't explain much.
Enyaq iV 80X Sportline
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

KevMc wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:05 am My Enyaq 80x (manufactured Dec 21 - delivered May 22) Just had the software update installed and while the car was with Skoda, they also replaced the battery. When I quizzed them on the reasons, they told me they have replaced the battery in every single Enyaq that they installed the software update. They said there is no issue with the later delivered Enyaqs. The reason I was given for replacement = faulty battery. This doesn't explain much.
They're referring to the 12v battery not the traction battery.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Deasea

Post by Deasea »

Was notified a week or so ago by my dealership that my car will have to go in to have its traction battery checked / replaced. I presume it is as a result of the 93Q3 service request mentioned above.

My dealership are unable to perform this recall and advise that it will need to be transported to a Skoda Level 3, Battery Competence Centre (BCC) who can work on the high voltage system. I am told that my nearest Level 3 BCC is Vindis in Cambridge. As yet I have not been given an appointment date.

When I had the high pressure HVAC problem earlier this year I did some research as i thought that it might have to go to one of these centres to be resolved. At that time there were very few (see below) such centres available and I understood some did not have full tooling. I hope this situation has changed as I cannot believe that my Enyaq is the only one that this issue affects. My VIN number is within the range given earlier in this thread.

These are the dealerships that I think have Level 3, BCC status, but I cannot guarantee they are correct or up to date. Please do check with Skoda or the dealership before quoting further or if you need to use one.

1. Alan Day, New Southgate London
2. Vindis, Cambridge
3. West end, Sterling
4. Faintree, Telford
5. Marshall, Northampton
6. Capitol, Newport
7. Lightcliffe, Warrington
RichR

Post by RichR »

Wow - major lack of anything in Yorkshire or the north east.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
comment23

Post by comment23 »

Or anywhere in the SW.
Electric since December 2022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post