Charging cables included?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
PShav

Post by PShav »

I’m waIting on delivery of my car, which should arrive early next month. Are any charging cables included? If not I’ll need to buy them in good time ahead. My current car has a type 1 socket so my existing type 2 to type 1 and 13 amp to type 1 cables will be of no use.

ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

It comes with a charging cable but no granny charger.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
RichR

Post by RichR »

You get a 5m Type 2 cable to use at public AC chargers (or your own wallbox). You don't get a granny charger (ie 2.3kW, UK mains plug) as standard, but you can buy one from places like Screwfix, Argos, Halfords etc for about £150. Or you can buy a Skoda one for about £250.

There have been a few discussions on this, and the reasoning is that Skoda expect you to be using at least 7kW (ideally over 100kW) to charge a car with a 60/80kWh battery as people might complain that it takes two days to charge their car if that's all they're using. So whilst it's not a bad idea to have a granny charger for emergencies or those situations where you don't have access to a higher power charger, that choice is left to the consumer. They do supply one with the smaller battery cars they do (eg Citigo and the PHEV models).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Daffo1950

Post by Daffo1950 »

Well unless the situation has changed , ours came with the 3 pin alternative ie granny charger so I would wait and see if I were you
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Daffo1950 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:12 am Well unless the situation has changed , ours came with the 3 pin alternative ie granny charger so I would wait and see if I were you
The situation must have changed because when I ordered at the beginning of Dec 2021 only a standard 5m charge cable was included, which is what was delivered. As RichR says there's no requirement for one unless you have a specific requirement like visiting friends outside of your return range and you definitely don't want to visit a public charger. I bought one as I think it could be useful for car camping and I'll be campsite based for a week or so with a hookup. Just means I can plug in overnight for a subsistence charge. Not sure if campsites will allow this in the longer term, we'll see.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
RichR

Post by RichR »

The thing to do is to check what's listed on your order form. It's possible that on MY23 cars you do get one, or some dealers might add one on free of charge.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Daffo1950

Post by Daffo1950 »

Yep know what you mean ie charging at campsites , we ordered one from Tough leads before we got the car in May so we were surprised that it came with the Granny which we obviously had not requested , onto campsites our site does not allow you to charge through the caravan even dropping the amps down to 6 which is a bit frustrating and paying £25 a day
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Just to add - I’m very happy with the Masterplug ‘granny’ cable from Screwfix (and glad I got the 10m one). It served us well whilst recently staying at relatives overseas- who fortunately had power at the covered car port. I was a bit concerned at leaving it on so long using a UK to European plug adapter but the adapter didn’t get very hot. Maybe 40C tops ( I kept an eye on it the first few times I plugged in).

Note: I’m not advocating that the plug-in arrangement shown in my photo is ‘safe’ or ‘appropriate’. It was a ‘managed risk’ let’s say.

81B62C2C-E994-4136-86C5-908C94CF6C4F.jpeg

BF63E541-B83E-48ED-AAFF-7416497F3093.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Daffo1950 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:12 am Well unless the situation has changed , ours came with the 3 pin alternative ie granny charger so I would wait and see if I were you
I owned the first one sold from Swindon Skoda back in summer 2021, and didn't come with a granny charger...
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Have just been on the Skoda configurator and reconfigured the iv60 ordered in July 21, or as close as I can get with the new options packages. Cost has risen almost £5k with the loss of the Government grant! At the end of the process it still offers the option of purchasing a granny charger for £680. Not sure why this option remains if it is now included.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post