Manoeuvre Braking Unavailable

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
concorde1987

Post by concorde1987 »

Evening everyone,

I've had my 'yaq for 3 weeks and and a couple of days ago it started complaining, giving the message 'Manoeuvre braking unavailable', then 'Clean front parking sensors' every time the car slows down to a stop at traffic lights, parking etc. When I go to park, the rear sensors are fine but the screen shows little warning triangles down the sides and front of the car overhead graphic, with no data for these locations.

Quite obviously I have checked the front sensors are clean (both wheel arches, front corners, in the lower grill and the one in the top centre of the upper 'grill') and so I'm wondering if any of you good folks on here have any knowledge or experience on this please? Is there something I might be missing?

Apart from this the car behaves perfectly, I love it! :D

Many thanks in advance.
Enyaq IV 60 Loft, Quartz Grey (now Graphite Grey) with Heat Pump.
Arval business lease and supplied by Vindis Cambridge.
Ordered September 2021, left the factory 13th May 2022 and delivered 4th July!

ruttlej

Post by ruttlej »

I’m getting the same message, were you able to get yours sorted out and if so what was problem and what was the solution?
Ordered 1st Nov 2021 - iV80 (Chrome pack, Parking pack & Drive pack) + Driver Assistance Plus pack - Collected 16th July 2022
RobH

Post by RobH »

Hi

Did you ever get this sorted? I have exactly the same issue. All sensors are clean. Had an e golf with sensors and it’s covered in crap all the time without any issue!

Thanks
Rob
Enyaq Mark

Post by Enyaq Mark »

Hi

I have the same problem. Mechanic at main dealer said he had never come across it before and is going to get some advice as to a possible solution. Does anyone know the answer?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks
Mark
Enyaq Mark

Post by Enyaq Mark »

Alan Day advised the fault was caused by one of the sensors having a small dent in it, probably a stone chip. Replacing the sensor solved the problem so either they were right or the sensor was faulty anyway. A stone chip is not covered by warranty. Cost £350.
ruttlej

Post by ruttlej »

I brought mine back to the dealer - but they couldn't figure it out and had to send log data to head office and get advise - they then replaced a part but that didn't work and they had to send more logs to head office then they had to replace another part but that wasn't in stock, eventually they got the part fitted it and that fixed the problem - I never got an answer on what exactly was wrong or what parts they actually replaced - infotainment system was reset when I got the car back.
Ordered 1st Nov 2021 - iV80 (Chrome pack, Parking pack & Drive pack) + Driver Assistance Plus pack - Collected 16th July 2022
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

If it’s the lower sensor you don’t need to take the bumper off

My local dealer said the bumper had to come off and quoted me £350

I assured them you could get to it easily by only removing the small panel under the bumper

They did just that, and in less than half an hour (including a wash) so the bill was substantially lower than the £350 they had originally quoted me (fantastic service)

It’s only the skoda system that’s telling them to remove the bumper
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post