Hidden Costs and Weight of owning an EV

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Really interesting to read your experiences, thank you for posting..
Ordered 26 March 22, Sportline 80, Graphite grey, Assisted Drive+, Infotainment Package+, Drive Sport+, Heat Pump. Zappi charger, delivered 17 Aug 22,

HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

AndyH wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:19 am We now have 12 iPhone apps for journey planning and charging, plus a couple of websites (Gridserve being one). We still haven’t come across an Ionity charger we can use our Powerpass on.

I only got PowerPass just before Christmas, but have had no problem with Ionity, via app or card
I cannot emphasise how relaxed our Enyaq was to drive this distance

Totally agree
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
Susans Dad

Post by Susans Dad »

MarkB just come across your informative post, and enjoyed the read. I live in Northern Ireland but have yet to come across the free charging points :lol: :lol: Glad you enjoyed your experience, will you be attending the gym now I wonder
Ordered 21 July 2021 - Enyaq iv 80 , Artic Silver, 21 Betria wheels, Light & view pack +, Infotainment pack +, Assisted drive pack +, Comfort seat pack +, Parking +, Climate pack +, Driving sport pack, Pan roof & now 125kW fast charge
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

will you be attending the gym now I wonder
I avoid gyms like the plague :D I did think about leaving Mrs H in the pub while I charged at Ikea next time, but I then figured Ikea may be the cheaper option😂

We’ll be back in the summer for a wedding in Lusty Beg, which may prove a bit more of a challenge than around Belfast and Bangor, but will look forward it. Would appreciate some of that lovely weather we had back in July again to help the range, although will try to avoid driving via eastern Scotland this time.
IV80 Suite, Race blue, 20” Vega alloys, heat pump, electric tow bar, panoramic sunroof, 125kW, climate/transport packs, ordered July 21, delivered November 21. 1st EV and still loving it.
No2Oil

Post by No2Oil »

This is by far the funniest thread on this forum. I just hope my forthcoming 500 mile round trip doesn't end up costing me the earth too! 🤣🤣🤣
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

Ressurecting an old post, but we thought some may be interested in the difference a year can make, as we returned to Northern Ireland in July for both business and pleasure. Having a 'Norn Iron wife, I've been travelling to/from NI for over 35-years and always used to fly and rent a car. Post pandemic, even with sky high electricity prices, we now drive from Norfolk to Liverpool and travel to Belfast via the ferry due to the increased flight and car rental costs. To be honest, travelling in the Enyaq and having it to hand during our stay, is such a nice experience it would be our preference regardless.

So, 1-year on from the creation of this post. The free electricity from the ECB chargers has now ceased and the prices are pretty much in line with the rest of the UK. The impact of this is that it isn't as difficult to find a free charger now. I guess people are now investing in home chargers, which wasn't really worth it before.

In Bangor, there are now 2 BP garages with 150kW Pulse chargers with 2 connectors each, which were our go to chargers. No longer did we find an excuse to go down to the marina and plug in to the ECB 22kW chargers. There is still the odd free to use charger around, but the only one we found was a 7kW Tesla charger.

A trip for a wedding on Lusty Beg Island and a stop over in Enniskillen after proved no problem. We'd already planned a stop for lunch at The Valley Hotel in Fivemiletown, only to see a sign for it enroute advertising EV charging. They've added a 24kW Weev charger to the 2 x 11kW and an excellent lunch, with a pleasant welcome was accompanied by enough of a charge to get us to our destinations and back to Bangor.

Enroute to Liverpool, we charged at Corley North on the M6, where once again there was plenty of free Ionity fast chargers - coffee this time, avoided the KFC (perhaps some EV maturity appearing?). Avoiding motorways on the way back, we had a single charge at Uttoxeter Premier Inn at a 50kW Geniepoint, while having a late fry up in the restaurant (another reference to this posting’s subject - our NI friends seem to becoming healthier these days and we were gagging for a fry. Age related?). To quote the Peugeot driver who arrived just before I walked out to disconnect 'I always stop here for a charge, as the rest are all broken'. I just checked the app and the 50kW is reported as faulty at the moment, the 22kW apparently OK. I wonder where the Peugeot driver is stopping now?
IV80 Suite, Race blue, 20” Vega alloys, heat pump, electric tow bar, panoramic sunroof, 125kW, climate/transport packs, ordered July 21, delivered November 21. 1st EV and still loving it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post