Charging speed

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Myst

Post by Myst »

Hello everyone, I just charged my iv60 for the very first time and it was charging at 3.8kw. Didn't go for any schedule, just to full charge straight away.
I have ohme Pro charger at home here in uk
Looks like bit slow to me at 3.8kw or is this the normal charging speed for iv60?

NickyP

Post by NickyP »

What % did you start charging?
Seems low, mine was charging at 6.5 from my podpoint when I checked on the app with 1hr to go to 80%.
MY22 Enyaq 60 nav suite, Race blue, 21" Betria wheels, 100kW charging, Comfort seat pack basic, Climate pack basic, Chrome pack, Driving sport package basic, Assisted drive pack basic, Parking pack basic, Panoramic roof.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Some chargers do only charge at a lower rate (I don’t know anything about the Ohme chargers).

Some chargers throttle the rate down, if they detect the load is already very high elsewhere in the house (my PodPoint does this). Also sometimes they might need to be remotely activated by the manufacturer, to allow higher charging rates; my PodPoint was originally set to 3.6kW and I had to prove to PodPoint later on that the work they insisted I had to have done (upgrade from a 60A fuse to at least an 80A fuse), had indeed been done before they’d remotely unlock the full 7.2kW charging capability. That was a fun few weeks! Not!

Your current issues won’t be because you have a 60 instead of an 80 👍
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

Goaty wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:01 am Some chargers do only charge at a lower rate (I don’t know anything about the Ohme chargers).

Some chargers throttle the rate down, if they detect the load is already very high elsewhere in the house (my PodPoint does this). Also sometimes they might need to be remotely activated by the manufacturer, to allow higher charging rates; my PodPoint was originally set to 3.6kW and I had to prove to PodPoint later on that the work they insisted I had to have done (upgrade from a 60A fuse to at least an 80A fuse), had indeed been done before they’d remotely unlock the full 7.2kW charging capability. That was a fun few weeks! Not!

Following on with the Goaty’s info above, In case you have the Home charging schedule set up in the car, check to make sure that the ‘Reduce AC charging current’ checkbox is not ticked.
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
Myst

Post by Myst »

NickyP wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:08 am What % did you start charging?
Seems low, mine was charging at 6.5 from my podpoint when I checked on the app with 1hr to go to 80%.
I started charging at 82% because had a long journey planned, so wanted full 100%.
Does it charge at low current above 80% at home as well? That's the only thing comes in my mind
Goaty wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:01 am Some chargers do only charge at a lower rate (I don’t know anything about the Ohme chargers).

No mate no heavy load at night when I charged it
Myst

Post by Myst »

Skeniv wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:25 am

Following on with the Goaty’s info above, In case you have the Home charging schedule set up in the car, check to make sure that the ‘Reduce AC charging current’ checkbox is not ticked.
No schedule set at the moment. Just charged to full 100% straight away
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

Myst wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:29 am
Skeniv wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:25 am

No schedule set at the moment. Just charged to full 100% straight away

I think that same setting to reduce charging current option is also on the app under the charging section whilst charging. Just check to make sure it hasn’t been accidentally activated??
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

We have a Zappi charger. and in the menu of the charger unit, you can change the charge rate. By default, it was set to a lower rate (to protect the household wiring probably) but I was able to select the 7.2 Max because we had it installed on 32A wiring and have an 80A household fuse. The Zappi is programmed with the household fuse size so can make sure it never gets close to the limit. Maybe you have a setting on your charger you can change, but it's worth making sure it isn't limited for safety reasons first.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Archer17

Post by Archer17 »

If the foregoing advice doesn’t work things out for you- email Ohme.

My Ohme charger didn’t initially charge at 7.kw, even though the car would charge at that speed on friends home chargers. That was because Ohme didn’t at that time (Nov 2021) have Skodas API. Ohme did get my charger working properly, they are able to monitor remotely and make software tweaks if required.

Hope this helps if all else fails.
Skoda Enyaq 80 Sportline collected 29/09/21. Quartz grey metallic, Pan roof, tow bar, 125 charging, Comfort seat, Drive Sport+, Climate pack+, Assisted Drive, Parking, Light and View and Convenience pack.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post