My Graphite Grey iV 60 - first week ownership quirks...

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Guitar George

Post by Guitar George »

I'm with you on the estimated range so far. I've had mine for about 3 weeks.
Estimated range as per your experience.
Drive in B. No brake wear...
Turned off Auto-hold after nearly wiping out front porch while reversing up steep driveway.
Haven't managed to get infotainment system to see usb stick yet, let alone play the music on it.
Really like it though.
Enyaq IV 60
Graphite grey
Towbar ready
Ordered October 2021 arrived end June
MyEnergi Zappi
Solar array and battery next....

fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Yes, D with the car doing its own predictive braking is proving to be the winner!

Of course I’m killing my mileage now anyway with max ‘clima’ pumping out!
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Using up nearly a full charge driving around with A/C on pretty high, dropped my next 100% charge range predicition by 30 miles! Yikes.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

fivetide wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:30 pm Using up nearly a full charge driving around with A/C on pretty high, dropped my next 100% charge range predicition by 30 miles! Yikes.

Using A/C continuously at the moment and I’m getting around 2.6 m/kWh vs. around 4 m/kWh a few months back when I didn’t need to use heating or A/C (just had ambient air blowing).

But all my journeys are short these days (10 miles or less) - so I’m not surprised that A/C is having this impact, as it’s constantly trying to cool the car from a very hot starting point. I imagine if I did a long journey, then the A/C will settle down and draw less power, once a comfortable temperature has been reached (e.g. by setting it to 19 or 20C). If you leave it on ‘LOW’ all the time with the A/C activated, then I believe it continuously powers the A/C unit irrespective of journey length; that would indeed be a range killer.

By the way, I don’t think the speed of the fans impacts the range all that much - I believe it’s more likely how cold you’ve set it to, with colder temperature settings requiring it to actively chill for longer, than higher temperature settings.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

Just did a 700 mile trip from Warwickshire to Dumfries and back. IV60 with heat pump, AC at 21 all the way, ACC at 70 on motorway and averaged 3.7 miles/kW.
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Yes, I'm being far from sensible, I realise. At the moment, I set it to chill the car like a fridge five minutes before I leave in the mornings, then drive every journey icy cold.
I figured that although it's daft, if i'm not going to use it with abandon in a heat wave, I probably never will.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

fivetide wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:43 pm Yes, I'm being far from sensible, I realise. At the moment, I set it to chill the car like a fridge five minutes before I leave in the mornings, then drive every journey icy cold.
I figured that although it's daft, if i'm not going to use it with abandon in a heat wave, I probably never will.

Exactly, enjoy it, be comfortable, and remember you’re still paying far less per mile than an ICE car (I should know - I just filled the wife’s Qashqai earlier. Over £100 ☹️)

👍
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

All this time, and I still hadn't used a public charger until the weekend. I was in Cambridgeshire, and found a Podpoint charger in a public car park. It was only 7Kw but over a few hours or so would still give me a useful chunk of charge to reduce range anxiety on my return drive.

So I followed the instructions, downloaded the app, used my charging cable for the very first time (I have tethered at home) and the various green lights all went on. But I could not get it to officially charge (you have 15 minutes) as a guest, whatever i did. I tried several credit cards, no luck. In the end I became a member, 'topped up' my new account with £20 using Apple Pay, tried it again and all was well.

Anyway. When I returned to the car, other than a little faff working out how to turn things on and off again in order to get the cable to release, all was well. I'd gained 50 miles or something and had broken my public charging duck. However, no money had been taken from the £20. When i got home and the app had updated properly on WiFi, still no deduction. I did a little bit of research and it turns out these chargers are free? Huh.

While this is great, and I'm all for free, it seems weird that I had to put money into the account at all on that basis? Anyway, another little EV tale to add to the pile.

LOVING the car now by the way. Brilliantly comfortable place to be, looks great. Still have airbag light, obvs...
awi8

Post by awi8 »

Some public podpoint charger providers require some money on your account. If you don't charge minimum once in a month, they'll collect a monthly fee from your account. For Example "Virta" provider in Finland operates like this., monthly fee is 1€ .
Enyaq iV 80 Loft I Race Blue I 135kW charging I heat pump I assisted drive basic I drive sport basic I convenience basic I climate basic I parking basic I Ordered 21/12/20 I Build week 46 2022 I Collection date 17th Jan 2023
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Afternoon everyone. Just a happy post really, to say that after a few months ownership, I blumming love this car. Okay, I haven't bothered finding a dealer to turn off that warning light yet (one day), but other than that, everything just works so well, all the time. I ditched the B setting after some chats on here, and find that the coasting and predictive braking work a treat for me. I'm up to 235/240 on a full charge now, and the running costs are ridiculously low. My commute is only about 35 miles return, and on average I only charge the thing overnight on a Sunday. I've found the Smartlink media hookup and the screen to be excellent. It's great that it's so easy to customise tiles, and the sound quality is excllent for a standard speaker system, in my opinion. The Graphite Grey, which I received in lieu of the Quartz I intiially ordered, looks fantastic with black trim and the larger wheels, and stays looking good with a bit of dirt too. I really enjoy driving it, and it's a nice place to be. It even smells new after three months or so :) I had an XC40 for a while on a recent trip, but it actually felt like and upgrade getting back in my own car at the airport. I sometimes own a decent car for three or four years and never enjoy the thing, or think about it all. But I have to say, the Enyaq is a cracker. Very pleased with the decision to go Skoda for the very first time, and would recommend to anyone.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post