My Graphite Grey iV 60 - first week ownership quirks...

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Hullo all - I feel like I know some of you already as I've been reading this forum since I ordered my car, a looooong time ago!

Now that I've finally taken delivery, I thought it would be rude not to register, and also note some of my initial thoughts on my first Škoda.

- I ordered my iV60 in June 2021, and it took a tad over 53 weeks for it to be delivered, after false dawns in Sep '21, Nov '21 and March '22

- The colour I asked for initially was Quartz Grey. The car I received was Graphite Grey, despite paperwork to the contrary. But I'm not turning it away now!

- Driving it home was a mixed bag. For the last six months I have been driving a Hyundai Kona Electric Ultimate as a stop-gap EV. I originally thought this loaner was a bit small and odd, but by the time I handed it back I was actually sorry to see it go! It is much smaller than the Enyaq, and not as plush, but accelerated much faster and was hilarious to drive, always putting a smile on my face. In contrast, although the Enyaq is very comfortable and smart inside and out, it also feels extremely sensible and grown up. Fortunately I very much am a grown up. But it has to be said that the drive is a little more ordinary and sedate then the weird little Hyundai I grew to love, despite initial reactions. At the moment I am impressed by the quality of the Enyaq, but perhaps a little underwhelmed by the driving experience? That's probably harsh; the drive is fine, but not exciting.

- My car does not have a 60 badge! On the rear I have SKODA, followed by ENYAQ and iV, but no other model signifier below that. I'm actually rather pleased, but another quirk nevertheless

- The MySkoda app has been, and still is, a complete pain in the rear. For three days I couldn't get past the first stage of entering my email and responding to a verification email, as it never arrived! I tried it on the portal instead, no luck. I tried another email address with no success. I talked to the online help assistant, who ran through some generic non-help then suggested I phoned Customer Service. I phoned Customer Service who also couldn't help, couldn't grasp I had fallen at the first hurdle, and said they'd email me a solution. I got a standard PDF help form which started with, click the verfification email... Great! I phoned again, they said they'd call in 36 hours. Three days later, still no contact. I deleted everything, set up a new business mail account rather than using personal mails, and got the verification email after several further attempts and an hour or so delay. Hurrah. I then followed the instructions, finally got the VIN entered, went and sat in the car, only to find the Menu > Settings listing for MyConnect just wasn't there. Phoned Customer Service again - nice chap but honestly had no idea what I was talking about; not sure he even knew what an Enyaq was to be honest. He said it would take 48 hours to email me. I said although I sympathised with him, I'd waited 53 weeks for this, plus a further week, and I only wanted to know where the menu item now lived! Aaaanyway, using some help from this Forum, I finally found a way through 'Users', and even got as far as scanning the QR code. But no luck again - even though the car now seemed to know my email address at least (woohoo!) it eventually said 'something was wrong' and so I remain just a 'Guest'.

- I'm still not connected, I have no primary user, and still don't have a working app in any shape or form. I shall keep resetting, uninstalling and trying again! Any more ideas? :/

- I need to use the key to unlock the car. I know right? First world problems! I'm assuming I can only use the little sensors on the door handles if I had bought the appropriate KESSY pack or somesuch. However, is there a way of enabling that? I haven't had to know where my key is for my last few cars and it is weird to have to take a step back and use the key again. I'm guessing that the tech is all in there, it's just the functionality that is crippled?

- POSITIVES - pleeease don't think I am whingeing all the time (although you're bound to think that after reading this post! But it just sounds like that because of the rubbish app reg experience and Skoda support!)

- I think the car is a beautiful thing. The angles of the bodywork, especially front and side, are terrific. The Suite interior is very, very comfortable even in my fairly basic configuration. The screen is very crisp and responsive; I like it a lot. The boot space and storage is also excellent. Despite not having an app, I gave it a good run out before plugging it in to my wallbox, and it was fully charged the next day as expected; no problems there. It may not be particularly exciting to drive, but it certainly feels very assured and safe, with a great driving position. I have 20" spoked wheels, and I like those a lot, with no noticeably hard ride. The colour, although not what I ordered and a bit samey with every other car on the road, is actually very smart. Build quality, considering the sudden hurry up on deliveries, is still excellent, with consistent panel gaps all round. All-in-all I like it very much and am looking forward to discovering more little features etc. that I haven't noticed yet. Maybe finally getting connected will help!

- Oh yes, and I got 220 miles from 100%, with an estimated 15 left "in the tank" (the 220 was according to a USB milage counter I use for business). I'm pretty happy with 235ish miles range.

That's it for now; I'm sorry for burbling on. In summary I am definitely excited to finally get the car, and impressed by the quality of the vehicle in many ways, but frustrated by software and support.

fivetide

Post by fivetide »

I am still wrestling with the app connection and trying to get past the 'something went wrong' screen. I don't want to be a Guest and can't leave it alone.
I have a full mobile signal. Should I really pull fuse 19? Is that the only option left? Cheers.
skrachs

Post by skrachs »

fivetide wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:04 pm I am still wrestling with the app connection and trying to get past the 'something went wrong' screen. I don't want to be a Guest and can't leave it alone.
I have a full mobile signal. Should I really pull fuse 19? Is that the only option left? Cheers.
Managed to solve this by turning on and off private mode in the car.
Enyaq 80 eco suite, Quartz Grey,20" Vega, Climate Plus, Family Basic, Assisted Drive Plus, Area View, Transport, Light & View Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Comfort Seat Basic, 125Kw charging, Convention Plus, Heat Pump, Towbar

Ordered 09.21.
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Private mode was not on, and I hada full cellular signal, as well as access to home Wi-Fi from my drive.

I've tried to reset to factory settings, uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Still failed to connect and am still getting the 'something wrong' error screen.

After scouring the forums a few more times I've now accessed the fusebox (pretty fiddly) and pulled 19 for a few minutes before replacing.

Going to reset everythign again, link to WiFi, install the app again, and try to Connect. If that fails I really am at a loss.

Wish me luck...
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Well, good news! (and some bad)

Reinstalled app, went back out to car, and immediately received airbag warnings on screen and dash. I definitely didn't touch Fuse 2 or any other fuses...

Anyway. Before anything else, I selected a Factory Reset and went through the rapid setup screens again for radio etc...

I then connected the car to my house WiFi in Settings, before connecting my phone to the car using CarPlay.

I reinstalled the app again, and let it try to Connect for the umpteenth time. I used the Users > + > Log In route through main screen. I then used the app to scan the QR Code.

This time, to my amazement, it finally found me! I'm now the primary user and am connected! Excellent news.

For the moment I have decided to take the win, put the car on charge, lock everything up and back away :)

On the downside, I haven't been able to use any of the app functionality yet, and there was still an airbag warning light on when I last started it up, but I'm going to leave it a few hours while I get some work done and see how it looks later.

A small victory anyway, and it certainly made me feel a whole lot less frustrated for a little while.

So. WiFi and hoiking Fuse 19 seems to have worked for me so far - many thanks to everyone posting on other people's threads regarding this issue.
Bferry70

Post by Bferry70 »

Good news indeed.

With regards to the airbag warning light - this will probably not go out without it being re-set by your main dealer (unless you have an OBD capable of performing the function).

Good luck with getting the warning light sorted.
Enyaq iV 60 EcoSuite

Family Pack Plus, Climate Pack Basic, Drive Sport Pack Basic, Parking Pack Basic, 125kw DC Charging. Ordered 27th July, ETA March / April 2022
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Cheers. The airbag warning certainly happened when I swapped Fuse 19 in and out so that can't be a coincidence, but I really don't understand it. :?

I won't be handing the car over to a dealer anytime soon though, as it has only just started working! Argh, another pain...

Looking positively, the car is looking very shiny and smart from my office window!

Bferry70 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:22 am Good news indeed.

With regards to the airbag warning light - this will probably not go out without it being re-set by your main dealer (unless you have an OBD capable of performing the function).

Bferry70

Post by Bferry70 »

fivetide wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:43 am Cheers. The airbag warning certainly happened when I swapped Fuse 19 in and out so that can't be a coincidence, but I really don't understand it. :?

I won't be handing the car over to a dealer anytime soon though, as it has only just started working! Argh, another pain...

Looking positively, the car is looking very shiny and smart from my office window!

Bferry70 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:22 am Good news indeed.

Interestingly, your car is identical to mine in as much as ordered around the same time last year (mine was July) and in the same original colour - Quartz Grey. I quite like the Graphite Grey now, it's grown on me. Since I've taken delivery, I've noticed a few additional options that I did not specify which is nice. These must be standard on a 2022 model I guess - such as puddle lights under the wing mirrors (with the Skoda emblem) and the assisted parking with the parking memory function (although I did order parking basic, which I thought was just camera / sensors?).

I'm still finding things that surprise me! Overall, I'm pretty impressed and satisfied with it. I'm sure you will be too after these initial teething problems, setting it up, as most of us have experienced.
Enyaq iV 60 EcoSuite

Family Pack Plus, Climate Pack Basic, Drive Sport Pack Basic, Parking Pack Basic, 125kw DC Charging. Ordered 27th July, ETA March / April 2022
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Škoda finally called me back yesterday (Friday) after my call about not getting the verification emails etc on Monday! Obviously I had to explain everything I’d had to do since then thanks to not hearing anything. He advised not mentioning pulling fuse 19 in future, but conceded it seemed to have worked.

During a lengthy call he said new app features were being activated soon, including doors, windows and lights.

In other news, I discovered last night that my car projects that Škoda logo light under the wing mirrors. Hadn’t realised until now.
Ric

Post by Ric »

My experience similar. I attempted to download the digital user manual as the small booklet which came with the car refers frequently that 'this is only available in the digital manual'. I can access the digital version via the skoda site, but can't download a copy onto my ipad/desktop. After several iterations with my local skoda dealer and skoda HQ, it turns out that you can't download it. So if you are a skoda owner with a dodgy internet connection ..... be afraid, be very afraid! I think we are all a bit of an experiment as the car is so new. I'm finding out new things it can do day-by-day simply by trial and error.

But the car is great, and having struggled to get my podpoint working (which it now does) I'm a happy bunny.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post