Tyre wear

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
gap998

Post by gap998 »

zice wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:50 am those tyres look older than 14000 miles....just look at the measurement bump, can't be more than 3-4mm left.
All my EVs have only gotten around 14-16k out of a pair of tyres - Zoe & Corsa fronts & the Smart ForFour, rears. They have worn evenly though.
Enyaq iV60 Loft 100kW Charging, Arc. Silver, Regulus 19", Heat Pump, Ass'd Drive Pack, Parking+, Drive Sport, Conv.+, Transport Pack

Order 2-11-21 - Built 22-08-22 - Collected 28-09-22 - Drive Fault 4-10-22 - Back to Dealer 18-10-22 - Fixed 17-11-22

Deleted User 1464

Post by Deleted User 1464 »

Hi to everyone, i'm new to this forum but my Enyaq is 13 month old right now. I have 48k km on the odometer and i'm really happy with this car, except for the tires..
Last year on november, when i went to the tyres shop to switch from summer tires to winter tires after 10k km we noticed the very bad degradation on the rear tyres, it was so bad that i go with the car to the dealership and they inspect everything on the car with the inspector sent by the importer and a Bridgestone's inspector (the car came with Bridgestone Touranza Eco), but them everything was in tollerance.
with the pirelli scorpion winter tires i've done 16k km and the degradation was not so bad. Vw dealer gave me, in warranty, a new sets of rear Bridgestone Touranza Eco, with those new tires i've done 22k km.
Last week unfortunately i have a puncture in the front tire and i go back to the tyres shop, where i have to replace both the front tyres because they were consumed badly on the outside, as if they had worked with too low a pressure, but i've checked frequently and they where always at 2.5 at minimum. The rear tyres have the same issue than last year, a little less but not what i was hoping for.
This morning the car is under software update at the store, so when i gave to them i reported the tyres issue again and the answer i got was "the electric motor do this to the tyres, is not a problem of setting of the suspension, you will always have to change tires after 20k km (so 12,5k miles)".
I think it's vey incorrect and the issue is not the electric motor or they weight of the car, tesla tires are supposed to last for about 30k miles, and tesla are not lighter or with less torque.
I'm very disappointed, now i want to find someone who will correct the setting of the car, some of you have got the correct setting of the car, in order to help the tyres shop?
thanks

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

EmmaLowick

Post by EmmaLowick »

Yes me and Skoda do not want to know. Exactly the same issue. They wan't look at it under warranty. Brand new set of tyres needed at 12000 miles due to uneven wear on shoulder (inside). rest of tread is deep and new tyres are doing the exact same (different make this time). Then I got a puncture and this this was the tyre after 6 months. Would anyone else with this same wear on the tyres like to get together and bombard Skoda as a group. They can'y then fob us off it being done to "driving style". I can't afford £1000 every 6000 miles for new tyres.

IMG_7201.jpeg

IMG_7199.jpeg

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\. Looks just like mine did when this was noticed at 17,000 miles. Probably became ‘illegal’ at around 14 or 15k I guess.

I had the tracking / alignment corrected afterwards but who knows. I’m 3000 miles into the new set, so too early to tell at the moment.

I wrote about it here:
viewtopic.php?t=1667

4875DDAB-A78C-4C08-A69C-4B50E9D481EE.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

In my opinion (as a complete non-expert on such matters!), these Bridgestone tyres are a rubbish design to begin with. Why on Earth does this groove on the shoulder of the tyre need to be so shallow? If it was deeper, it wouldn’t disappear so quickly and the tyre would not need changing so soon! I hope visual ‘weaknesses’ aren’t being deliberately designed in to tyres, for commercial gain 🤬

66460208-76CB-49B0-B905-05725068EA7F.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post