Struggling to Activate car in MySkoda app

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
gcoupe

Post by gcoupe »

So the garage installed the ME3 software update and a new 12volt battery two days ago. During the service, I got an email from the Skoda Connect system telling me that the vehicle was removed from my account.

Since then I have been singularly unsuccessful in getting the Enyaq registered again.

First I tried entering the VIN in the MySkoda app (many times!) - and consistently received "The operation was unsuccessful" error message.

Skoda customer service then told me to uninstall/reinstall the app and try again. After doing this, the app was telling me I needed to activate my vehicle by scanning in the QR code generated on the infotainment screen.

This operation also fails (many times!) - I cannot register as the primary user, only as a guest user.

I have downloaded and installed an OTA software update - and while this has been successful, I notice that the Shop function in the infotainment system is still saying that I have an old version of the software and I need to update the software? There do not seem to be any further software updates available.

I have not done a factory reset of the vehicle - I'm worried that this will be a nuclear option and fatally destroy my chances of activating the vehicle. Is this indeed my only option, or should I just continue trying to use the QR-code activation at random times and locations for the next week or so? Thanks.

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe »

Finally managed to activate the car this morning after endless fruitless attempts. I drove to a spot where there were 5 bars showing on the LTE connection. Maybe that was a coincidence or the solution, but the car finally activated.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post