Struggling to Activate car in MySkoda app

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Hi,

I finally picked up my iV60 yesterday. Really pleasant to drive. Have signed into Skoda Connect, and added the car into the "Garage" using the VIN number,
but I can't seem to activate it using the MySkoda app.

I go to Users > Other > Click "+" and then Login as instructed by the app,

I scan the QR code using the app, the app prompts me with my username/email address, and then the car tries to login and I get the following error

ActivationError.jpeg

"Something went wrong" is obvious, vague and unhelpful.

"I can start my registration process at any time" apparently, but each time it fails with the above. I have 2 bars LTE as you can see, and I've even tried connecting the car to the house Wi-Fi - to no avail

I seem to have internet because the navigation works - it loads the maps, and I can search destinations.

Anyone had this?

Cheers,

Harry
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)

IanJ

Post by IanJ »

The post at 10.20 am here, and those following, may help viewtopic.php?p=11628&hilit=MySkoda#p11628
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

IanJ wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:37 pm The post at 10.20 am here, and those following, may help viewtopic.php?p=11628&hilit=MySkoda#p11628

I can confirm since following those steps, I’ve had no further issues. All working well. I get in the car, display comes on with the welcome screen with my primary user profile, I tap ‘OK’ and off I go! 😎

On another note, Someone mentioned they were successful only after having full bars of connectivity (highlighted in photo below). I noticed on one of my screen shots on the thread linked above while I was in Tesco I had much better signal for connection to happen, that’s when I received the notification of a new software update with the fixes. Perhaps try relocating the vehicle and see if the signal bars and connection improves??

347CFAE7-22E5-4F74-BB92-90749D50DAC0.jpeg

Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

IanJ wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:37 pm The post at 10.20 am here, and those following, may help viewtopic.php?p=11628&hilit=MySkoda#p11628

Cheers! I uninstalled/reinstalled the app, and went for a drive to Tesco (not taking the advice literally, honest!) but had 4-5 bars LTE there rather than just the 2 bars at home.
Then I noticed the car system update was available, so I installed that. Still no luck, so I drove home, tried again, still no luck.

Locked the car, went inside, waited 15-20 minutes, went out to try again, and it worked! Huzzah!
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

HarryHuk wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:29 pm

Cheers! I uninstalled/reinstalled the app, and went for a drive to Tesco (not taking the advice literally, honest!) but had 4-5 bars LTE there rather than just the 2 bars at home.
Then I noticed the car system update was available, so I installed that. Still no luck, so I drove home, tried again, still no luck.

Locked the car, went inside, waited 15-20 minutes, went out to try again, and it worked! Huzzah!

Perfect! Glad it worked. Hopefully it does for many more who might come across this issue!! 👍🏽
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Skeniv wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:40 pm
I can confirm since following those steps, I’ve had no further issues. All working well. I get in the car, display comes on with the welcome screen with my primary user profile, I tap ‘OK’ and off I go! 😎

I had to enter my S-PIN, I hope that's not a regular occurrence.
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

HarryHuk wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:00 pm
Skeniv wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:40 pm

I had to enter my S-PIN, I hope that's not a regular occurrence.

It will be unless you disable it:

On the Users screen, tap settings bottom right > Login details > Protect user profile with S-PIN and switch OFF the PIN requirement or leave it on. If you choose to, it will prompt for the PIN every time you start the vehicle.
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Skeniv wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:34 pm

It will be unless you disable it:

On the Users screen, tap settings bottom right > Login details > Protect user profile with S-PIN and switch OFF the PIN requirement or leave it on. If you choose to, it will prompt for the PIN every time you start the vehicle.
Thanks 8-)
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
cycle

Post by cycle »

Picked up our new Enyaq iV 80 last Wednesday and have exactly the same problem as the OP.

I’ve tried so many things to resolve this but, unfortunately, none of the solutions help:
- Reinstalling app
- Re-registering with Skoda under a different email address and reinstalling app
- System reset on Enyaq
- Pulled fuse 19 (although I already had a strong signal so I didn’t think this would work but tried it anyway) then waited a few mins after re-plugging it in.
- Trying multiple times over multiple days

As with the OP, I get the QR code, then tap log in with the app, then the Infotainment screen goes blank (so clearly the app is communicating with Skoda’s servers which then communicate with the car) then a spinner, then the same message shown above about it failing and being logged in as a guest.

I haven’t been offered an over-the-air update, unfortunately, although I’m on ID.Software version 3.0.0. The dealership know nothing of course ;-)

I’d be interested to know what appears under Settings > System Information > Software (not ID.Software) for those who have recently solved this. My car shows 0333.

Would appreciate any other ideas from people who have successfully activated their car in the app - if nothing else, it would be great to get rid of the nag-screens on startup and to be able to see charge levels while charging at a service station. Thanks!
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

ID. Software 3.0.0, Software 0333, Nav Database 22.5 on mine when I resolved the connection and Primary user issues.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post