Loud High-Pitched Hum!

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

My car suddenly started making a loud high-pitched hum this morning and would not stop! Radio stopped working and rear parking sensor also did not work. Kept on making the noise whilst driving home (15 mins) and continued when I stopped.

Tried all sorts of things in settings but to no avail. Left it alone to have a look on the forum and it just stopped on its own after 5 minutes or so. Seems okay at the moment but have no idea what caused it and why it stopped. Anyone else had this?
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Yep - I had this once I think, not long after getting the Enyaq, last winter.

Pretty much as you described but I think the sound I had, was a prolonged ‘freezing’ of the tone that plays momentarily when selecting reverse. It just continued for at least 10 mins.

What I recall about that time when it happened, I’d jumped in the car and selected reverse immediately; I perhaps hadn’t given it enough time for all its systems to boot properly (maybe?). I tend to wait a few seconds now before selecting reverse. It happened when I tried to reverse off my driveway.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Gwynfe

Post by Gwynfe »

Same thing happened to me this morning. Even carried on after I stopped car, got out and locked it. Eventually stopped it by forcing infotainment to reboot with a long hold on on/off button.
Skoda Enyaq 60 IV Suite. Quartz Grey. 100KW DC battery charging. Drive sport pack. 20” Vega Silver alloys. Transport pack. Parking pack

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post