Flooded roads

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Ekk

Post by Ekk »

Sorry if this topic has been covered already - just a question I've been meaning to ask for while and havn't seen an answer to anywhere. Enyaq is on order and will probably arrive in the autumn when the weather turns again, so - if a road is flooded and the car has to go through a few metres of a very big and potentially reasonable deep puddle, can the Enyaq cope with that?
Thanks

DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

Yes I found it coped extremely well in the wet and snow

I don’t particularly remember the puddle thing but with how much it weighs and how nicely it drives it really isn’t an issue at all

Owned since 1st December 2021 and done nearly 15 thousand miles and absolutely loving it
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
Westy

Post by Westy »

An EV will go through flood water, but remember wading depth can be limited by when the water comes into the car! It’s not a very high riding vehicle
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey
Climate Pack, Assisted Drive, 125Kw

Replacing a Passat GTE Estate
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

I've seen the odd clip of EV's going through deep water, and seem to do better than many ICEs, however I've always thought it was a quick way to ruin any car, even if it survives.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Ekk

Post by Ekk »

Thanks DazF05, that's good to know,
Ekk

Post by Ekk »

Thanks Westy, good point.
Ekk

Post by Ekk »

Thanks ChangoMutney, I hope it never happens, just wanted to check if it's an absolute no-no, or whether in exceptional circumstances the car and the battery could survive.