Re - software update charge!

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
irichardson42

Post by irichardson42 »

Hi all

Just got general email from Skoda regarding new software update to change from 50kw to 100kw charging via software update, the charge for this is £440, should an update for car new car cost this, sure vw would not charge id4 customer or Audi, for this. Had Skodas for quite a few years. This would put me off buying another Skoda if this is what they are now doing.

If anyone can let me know your thoughts

Thanks ian

Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

Many of us had to pay the same £440 for the charging speed upgrade at point of order earlier in 2021. It then became part of the base spec, but the base price increased by the same £440, so it was fair.
It’s the way of many products now that software upgrades are chargeable as per mechanical options, the way of the world I suppose.
dezember

Post by dezember »

I guess it’s like Tesla charging upwards of £50k for the car and still has the cheek to ask us to pay £10 a month to to have traffic shown on the screen :) and yet people buy them in droves.
iV60 Metallic Green :) Assisted Drive. Climate basic. Light & view. Parking plus. Lounge. Ordered 1st Dec 2021. Delivered in August 2022.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Declined the 100kW upgrade at the time of order, however, my dealer failed to explain the reduced charge rates available as part of this upgrade. Now if I upgrade it costs the same without the benefit of reduced supercharger rates as these are not applied retrospectively. Happy spending a bit more time charging on the few occasions don’t charge at home, especially as most chargers are 50 kWh at present, although this will change in time.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post