Compatable CD player

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
PShav

Post by PShav »

I’ve got around 400 albums on my iphone, all taken from amongst my CDs rather than downloads. I am due to collect my Enyaq on Friday, but on the test drive I paired my phone with the car and had no trouble playing music through the car entertainment system.

orrery

Post by orrery »

Indeed. Get EAC to rip the CDs into FLAC and put a 250GB card in your phone (note: without encryption, or you could lose the lot if the phone crashes). Job done. I've got just under 30,000 tracks on mine.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Pol04

Post by Pol04 »

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Maybe the phone would be the best bet
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

What about considering one of those FM transmitter things? Most of them seem to need power from the 12V socket (so no good, as it’s in the boot!) but there does appear to be basic battery powered models which just plug straight into the headphone socket of, for example, your portable CD player. Example of one shown below (no idea if this actual one is any good, mind you ;-) )

I totally understand why you’d want to stick an individual CD on, as opposed to scrolling through 100,000 MP3’s !! Indeed the latter is really convenient, but the former gives a sense of ‘commitment’ to sticking with the album you’ve just loaded in the CD player, removing the temptation to constantly scroll through endless titles!

7D14EC8E-9BD7-48FE-9E79-3D9CC60C8090.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

I've tried several of those over the years - and they do work, but have a few drawbacks. Sound quality isn't the best, but good enough for some things. The biggest issue is that if you travel outside your local area you often find you have to retune because there's a powerful radio station close to the frequency you've chosen. Then 20 minutes later you need to retune it again.

Given the car has Bluetooth, that's a better solution. You can get portable CD players that have Bluetooth, and also battery powered 3.5mm jack to Bluetooth modules.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ oh yeah, even better 👍😂. I’m clearly not moving with the times!

Seems to be plenty of them on the usual purchasing platforms and again, just an example below but with no knowledge if this one is any good! The BT ones do appear to be less expensive than the old FM ones, too.

I might be tempted now to get one for myself and dust off my MiniDisc 💽 collection (brilliant format, especially for recording your own stuff).

985B4ADF-388C-449F-B421-F603B4F5BDFE.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).