Family holiday report fully loaded

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

I’ve seen a few post asking about range / living with car so I thought I’d post our recent experience of about 1000 miles drive on a holiday to France.

1) dog comfort- EXCELLENT! Dog crate fits under parcel shelf keeping all luggage out of sight when leaving the car. Air con can be left on when parked up and whilst on the ferry. We arrived in Cherbourg in 22degs and poor dog was shivering at 15 degs in the boot. The app could talk to the car for most of the time during the crossing. Our dog has yapped loudly for about 30 seconds every time over the past 12 years getting in and out of the boot of every ICE car we’ve owned. In the Enyaq he is completely silent - all of the above makes me very happy to have bought the car.

2) ease of driving it really is simple, no gears, handbrake, traffic warnings, lane control, speed control etc … excellent

3) charging - I charged once on the way to Portsmouth at Cherwell services (122 miles from home) easy and £15. In France I used a granny charger all week and added at least 500 miles range. (I did have a cable issue which I’ll post as a warning separately). One the way back I tried Cherwell services again and there were about 10 cars waiting for the two chargers (arrrgh). We had 45 miles range left, other chargers were at least 10 miles away. This for a short period of time felt stressful when the rest of the time EV ownership had felt amazing! We pressed on and found two BP Pulse chargers with no queue, 10 miles nearer to home. 95kw charge rate into the car proving we’d been given the 100kw option at the time of order free of charge (thanks Skoda). Price for recharge was £17. So including charging at home I think we did 1000 miles for about £50. The car had 3 people and a dog, was rammed with holiday gear and we had a roof rack on so very pleased. We went with two other families both had ICE vehicles and spent about £200 in fuel each.

4)basic headlight- these have no options for setting to driving on the other side of the road. I didn’t imagine that the beam converter stickers would work so didn’t fit any. I didn’t do any driving at night but it was raining heavily on a 40 mile drive down a dual carriageway when the lights came on due to dark conditions. I wasn’t flashed once and I think the lights have a flat beam so I’m not sure it’s an issue.

5) My Mobile signal on the Cotentin peninsula was poor so Apple car play rarely worked but the cars inbuilt satnav was flawless.

Overall really pleased with how the car performed given this is probably the most challenging type of trip we’d use it for.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger

TheCorm

Post by TheCorm »

This all sounds very positive. Thanks for the feedback, I look forward to experiencing myself :)
iv60 in Race Blue, Loft interior with 20" Vega wheels - Ordered Sep21, Delivered 25/07/22
Packs - Comfort seat plus, Family, Climate plus, Drive Sport, Assisted drive, Parking, Convenience, Heat Pump.
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

I kept bracing myself for the BUT... and it never came!

That's an encouraging read, thanks.
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
Bother7

Post by Bother7 »

We did the Alps in March and Surrey-Invernes and back holiday last week in our Sportline 80. Used primarily Ionity chargers with the Skoda Powerpass membership (35p/unit) and ChargePlaceScotland all over Scotland (excellent btw!).

Two seamless trips.

Also cost <£90 in 'fuel' and Scotland <£60.

Both trips between 1000 & 1500 miles