Heavily Redacted Post (Sounds!)

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Had this been a less civilised, more immature forum there would have been many unpleasant expletives included in this post! You’ll have to provide your own…

Mrs FN and I got into the Enyaq to make the return journey from a nearby (18 miles) county/market town and the car made a horribly loud random sound as we settled in our seats-not pleasant but it only lasted for a couple of seconds so thought nothing more of it. The only other oddity was that the car had gained eight GOM miles while parked for three hours or so. I attributed this to the day having considerably warmed.

Fifteen miles later, entering a roundabout, it sounded as though a maniac was hitting the car with a lump hammer! ( This was the point at which Anglo Saxon expletives really did enter the story.) It transpired that the indicators-both sides-were sounding at many, many multiples of their normal volume. The cooling system sound was also louder than normal. On leaving my seat there was again a horrible random sound which ceased when I shut the door and locked the car.

I’m leaving it to untangle it’s twisted knickers (hopefully). If not will decouple/unpair my recently paired android phone and see if that makes a difference. Will also gratefully take on board suggestions springing from experience.

Fossilnot

Delbert_Wilkins

Post by Delbert_Wilkins »

Yeah, see here: viewtopic.php?t=657

It’s a horrible problem when it happens, but seems to resolve itself quickly.
iV80 Suite | Quartz Grey | Comfort Basic | Family Plus | Assisted Drive Basic | 125kW | Rear Side Airbags | Heat Pump | 20” Vega Wheels.
Ordered 31/8; Build week 44; Collected 28/12/21.
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Yes, thanks for the link. Having read the thread I straightaway tried the car (was going to leave it overnight) and it had indeed rectified itself. All back to completely normal thank goodness.

I’m assuming a common cause. Have there been any pointers as to what it is?

Fossilnot
orrery

Post by orrery »

Fossilnot wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:18 pm I’m assuming a common cause. Have there been any pointers as to what it is?
Software bug. Sounds like something has stamped all over the volume settings.

It'll be one of the things fixed in the mythical software update coming sometime this year, maybe.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I must of reset infotainment or left to resolve over 100 times since purchasing and always the most random of faults warnings and noises
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

This glitch seems to have affected my reversing camera-either that or an unlucky coincidence. The view and alignment was previously fine. Now it is squeezed, distorted, and near useless. Guess I’ll be waiting a long time for self resolution on this aspect!

Fossilnot
videojedi

Post by videojedi »

Happened to me today. The ‘welcome’ sound was so loud it nearly blew the speaker cones inside out. Radio was at normal volume though. I held down the power button for ten seconds or so and the system reset. All good after that.
Bloody loud though.
Enyaq iv80 Sportline Arctic Silver 125kW Charging (Upgrade), Assisted Drive Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Parking Plus, Sunroof. ME3(update)
Electroverse app code: https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=coral-squid-130

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post