Enyaq 60 spec Screenwash Level Warning

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Skoda44

Post by Skoda44 »

Well it's official, Skoda sales material & website tell you that you have a Screenwash Level Warning fitted, the manual says the same. During the build they fit a washer bottle with a sensor, they fit a wiring loom with the necessary connections and connect it and..... it doesn't work on the 60 spec vehicles just the 80 spec ones. The best part is:
    After my car being in the dealers for a week and a half
      A new washer bottle & sensor being fitted
        Wiring and software being checked and fault diagnosed by the dealers with the support of Skoda Technical
          A new control module being fitted as suggested by Skoda Technical (how much is a control module?)

It turns out unbeknown to Skoda technical that despite all of the above and the misleading sales material it just doesn't work! Never has!!! The dealers worked it our by testing multiple 60 & 80 spec models. The level sensor on the 60's didn't work the sensor on the 80's did and even Skoda technical didn't know!

So here we are a £35k car full of all this tech and you can't even check your windscreen washer fluid levels, even by eye. Genius!

RichR

Post by RichR »

There was no low screenwash warning on my 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, or on any of my five Subaru Legacys (though to be fair you could check those by eye). Or in pretty much anything Japanese I've owned come to think of it. It's not really the end of the world, you just add more screenwash every month or so when you check your tyre pressures and fluids.

What your dealer found though does imply it's a software restriction, and so could potentially be revised in future if enough people request it.
          Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
          Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I’m surprised that they hold this back as a software-restricted option just for 80s. I consider it a safety feature, not a luxury. When it runs out, it does seem to go rather suddenly - unlike our Qashqai which doesn’t have a warning, but you know quite some time in advance because the flow reduces by about 80% (but at least it gives something. In my experience, the Enyaq goes from full flow to zero without much noticeable difference in between. I have an 80 so I do get the warning).
          iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
          Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

I get a warning on my 60 and never expected that I wouldn’t. It’s a basic feature that has to be available on all models, surely?
          Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
          tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

I also get a low level warning on my 60. Mine is fitted with the extra large wash bottle for the headlight washers. November 21 build date.
          Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
          Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Same for me. Iv60, from may last year, matrix light with washer though. It works even too well, notification is way too frequent for me, annoying. But at least I get notification so should be happy eventually.
          C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Mine is a 60 and have matrix lights with washers so no idea but yes very little warning till it’s gone . Never had this problem on any other car in over 20 years
          BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

So on 60s with the £1000 option yet for a level warning but bog standard you don't it seems as my 60 does not give a warning at low level
          60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
          C2atb

Post by C2atb »

It’s a sad situation which no dealers want to know about just advise software issue and will be resolved soon
          BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

C2atb wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:23 am It’s a sad situation which no dealers want to know about just advise software issue and will be resolved soon
          Everything will get put down to this untill the "big" update then we'll have lots of new problems to contend with
          60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂

• You may also be interested in...
            Replies
            Views
            Last post