Sportline vs regular seats

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
ClausT

Post by ClausT »

I have an 80 with comfort seats +

Im considering switching to a sportline (because a white sportline just looks so good) but wonder if the seats are just as good, especially does the passenger front seat recline just as much as on the regular comfort+ seats? I found out I can't have the family+ tables in the back on sportsline :roll:

Has anyone tried the difference?
Enyaq 80, black, 21" betria, eco suite, convenience+, assisted drive+. comfort seats+, drive sport+, infotainment+, light & sight basic, clima+, family+, parking+, panorama roof, heatpump, towbar, transport package

RichR

Post by RichR »

I have sat in both, but it’s been 10 months since I sat in non-Sportline so can’t really remember.

Sportline ones are very supportive without being too tight.

I actually changed from Loft to Sportline (mainly because at that time you couldn’t have HUD on Loft), but don’t regret it at all - matrix headlights, lack of chrome and the lower suspension are things I got as a bonus for no real extra money (when taking into account all the options I was going to have on the Loft).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
parkview094

Post by parkview094 »

I'd recommend sitting in one.. I went to the dealer really torn whether to order a sportline or a regular 80, but fortunately the dealer had a sportline in that day and I instantly knew it wasn't for me when I sat in it because of the seats...

It's a very personal thing as I found the sportline seats much firmer and grippier rather than the soft comfy armchair feel of the non-sportline.
Enyaq iV80, ecoSuite, Metallic Brilliant Silver, Heat Pump, Climate Pack, Convenience Pack Plus, Transport Pack, Panoramic Roof.
Ohme Home Pro Charger (Tethered)
Ordered 13/10/21. Order accepted July 2022. Build Week 44 (31st October). Collected 17/12/22
zice

Post by zice »

parkview094 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:01 pm I'd recommend sitting in one.. I went to the dealer really torn whether to order a sportline or a regular 80, but fortunately the dealer had a sportline in that day and I instantly knew it wasn't for me when I sat in it because of the seats...

It's a very personal thing as I found the sportline seats much firmer and grippier rather than the soft comfy armchair feel of the non-sportline.
how did you find the butt resting area compared to non-sportline (which trim you tested, leather or fabric ones) ? The sides are slightly more pronounced, hence the side support, but i'm interested overall in seating & back rest areas. The fabric ones have softer material where the left/right cheeks sit, the middle part all the way up to front (where back of the knees rest) is slightly firmer.
RichR

Post by RichR »

One big difference is the Alcantara on the Sportline is more grippy, so you don’t slide about. On both seat types you can change the angle of the base to settle your lower back and buttocks further into the back support (if that makes sense).

I found the Sportline has better shoulder support, but there’s not a huge amount in it.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
zice

Post by zice »

RichR wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:58 pm One big difference is the Alcantara on the Sportline is more grippy, so you don’t slide about. On both seat types you can change the angle of the base to settle your lower back and buttocks further into the back support (if that makes sense).

I found the Sportline has better shoulder support, but there’s not a huge amount in it.
yeah that's for sure it's more grippier than both leather trims.
i was actually thinking of getting the Lodge one, you sit more "planted" than on leather and is the cheapest upgrade from Loft.
but i'm interested in the seating area on Sportline, is it as "spongy" as the other ones, or does it feel a lot firmer?
i found the leather ones to be the most "cosy" ones from seating perspective...
erato

Post by erato »

I found the Sportline firmer, and too narrow for my shoulders. It is very important to test both, as bodies are different. How you plan to use the car is also different. I felt that longer drives (3 hr and more) would be very tiring for me in the Sportline and seats are of prime concern for me in choosing a car, so I went for the regular 80x with the upgraded seat package. I also felt that the integrated head rests stole some air and light inside the car,
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

We've gone for a sportline because of the seats, I prefer firmer seats, as long as I can get the fit correct. It's a very personal issue so definitely worth testing first ..
Ordered 26 March 22, Sportline 80, Graphite grey, Assisted Drive+, Infotainment Package+, Drive Sport+, Heat Pump. Zappi charger, delivered 17 Aug 22,
zice

Post by zice »

to answer my own dillema: just had the chance to sit in a sportline next to a eco-suite :)
sportline is firmer on seating area but not by much. Could be the eco-suite/suite is too comfy setup due to (visibly) extra padding (it "bulges" slightly more) in the buttocks area and sides of backbone. Side support is also slightly better obviously in sportline, moreso in the torso area than thigh-sides. The slightly higher thigh-side support also felt more when exiting the car seat. Overall you get a slightly more "cocooned" feel in the sportline but not by a lot.

still no fckn clue what to choose :)

probably health-wise would be better to have firmer seat, just as a firmer sleep mattress helps if you have back/lumbar issues.
too comfortable is not always healthy i guess just like too good food :)

i'd say if you're the "cruiser" type, don't go for sportline.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Bear in mind that Sportline also includes a lot of options (eg matrix headlights), so there's more to it than just the seats and coloured body trim bits. I ended up spending only £500 more than I would have on a Loft, and ended up with about £2000 more in options that I had ruled out as costing too much.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post