Ahhh, This Feels So Good

The place to discuss everything else..
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Today I taxed our Enyaq for another year. One short phone call and NO MONEY! After a lifetime of paying money to the government for the dubious pleasure of using the roads it feels great! (May not last long but I intend to enjoy freebie vehicle tax while it lasts.)

Fossilnot

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

👍👍. Yep, I’m enjoying not paying £450 every month in tax for my company car. Instead I think it’s about £30

And 88 pence to park in central London for 4 hours (with no congestion charge either).

Happy days but short lived no doubt 😫
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

My last car was zero VED too (Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV). What’s annoying is that you still have to go on to the website to pay nothing. You can’t just have an automatic direct debit for nothing 😁
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

New to all this, I plugged it in at Marks and Spencer yesterday for my first free public charge. Walking away feeling smug to the gym round the corner whilst it charged.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
GavinT

Post by GavinT »

Felt really good to get a spot at the station car park with a free Pod Point charger. Got a free charge that would have cost me over £11 at home, and which comfortably exceeded the £6.50 daily parking charge.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Brilliant Silver (Packages: Family Plus, Climate Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat, Assisted Drive, Parking, Transport, Tow Bar). Delivered Dec 2021.
RichR

Post by RichR »

In the early days of public chargers appearing at shops (maybe 5-6 years ago), some IKEAs had Chademo and 43kW Type 2 AC chargers, where if you showed them the Ecotricity summary on your phone at the till they'd give you £10 back. My Outlander cost way less than that to charge (being a PHEV with only an 8 kWh battery), so that £10 covered driving the cost of driving to and from IKEA, as well as a couple of quid off your shopping. Sadly you now don't get any money back, and because the majority of cars charging are full EVs, rather than PHEVs they're rarely unoccupied.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post