Would you go back to ICE ?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

As a newbie to the world of EVs I can honestly say that after two and half months driving an EV, I would never go back to an ICE car. I guess light-footed driving style lends itself to EV driving and I’m fine with the range I’m getting.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.

Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Agree.
Once you’ve gone Mac, you don’t go back

Oh damn, that doesn’t work here - but still, I wouldn’t go back after EV, but let’s see what comes up in 10 years 🤷‍♂️
Dad

Post by Dad »

We have kept one foot in both camps. We’ve kept a second spare car as a cheap runabout (VW Up) which actually we love as it’s so so basic! Reminds me of my first cars thirty years ago that you could easily maintain yourself!

I think for the primary car.. we will never go back to ICE. However I would not rule out another classic ICE car as a weekender… an old Porsche 993 or Audi S2 type of thing. For occasional fun.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

I'm a petrol head and I can't wait to get my new Yaris GR in May which has been on order since last March. I also have a Focus RS and ill never get bored of the burble, cracks, pops and luscious aroma of partially burnt fuel.

The EV is fantastic as a daily for so many reasons but i'm trying my best to get her indoors to drive it and give up her dreadful derv Kodiaq to make way for the Yaris.

There isn't an EV on the market to satisfy my performance (handling) needs with the exception of the latest Taycan which I can't afford. Teslas are amazing in a straight line but no good at all across the Yorkshire moors as I found in a friends model S last year.

Owning the Enyaq has given me the optimism that regularly priced EV's will satisfy my performance needs in the future just like the Rally X Fiesta:

Electrics aren't there yet in terms of good affordable performance but I predict it won't be that long but the problem will be having enough Leccy supply to satisfy the huge future demand. This concerns me and all the government can talk about is green agenda's which also bothers me. Them bloody windmills are not the answer - wish they would stop messing about with useless renewables and increase our nuclear capability - This will be the only way we can all enjoy EV's when the ICE cars are barred.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Sadly temporarily back with an ICE car as my Enyaq is with the Dealer trying to sort out non-functioning Sat Nav. Have a Skoda Scala loaner - awful grabbing brakes - and just not enjoyable. I too have a foot in both camps with an UP GTi which is great fun to drive. Very unlikely to return to an ICE as main car but have yet to undertake any long journeys but do have several planned from Dorset to North Norfolk, Northumberland and Lancashire. Hopefully the charging will go to plan, if it doesn’t my plan B would be a Tesla with its better charging infrastructure, rather than a ICE. Tempted with a British classic such as a Frog Eye Sprite or Austin Healey 3000 for summer weekends. Even my lawnmower is battery powered!
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

metalmadhammer wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:55 am Them bloody windmills are not the answer - wish they would stop messing about with useless renewables and increase our nuclear capability - This will be the only way we can all enjoy EV's when the ICE cars are barred.
Fact check - those bloody windmills definitely are at least part of the answer. Its now the cheapest way to generate electricity. Current Nuclear technology is only a short to medium term solution, and getting rid of nuclear waste is a significant problem we really haven't solved yet.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
gap998

Post by gap998 »

I'd always been a petrol head; I built a Westfield SEi (Lotus 7 type Kit Car) from the ground up, and worked most of my career in the automotive industry. I bought a Zoe in 2015 to save money on my commute - It was the same monthly payments as my Fiesta Titanium diesel and it was going to save me £50 a month on fuel. I wasn't expecting to enjoy driving it, but as a result, when I changed jobs in 2017 and got to change the main family car for a company car, I wanted an EV for that too. However there was nothing this side of a Model X that would do the job and that was way out of my budget, so an Outlander PHEV had to do. Can't wait to be finally rid of ICE when the Enyaq (finally) arrives. Some people say they miss the noise, but having lived with twin side-draught 45s and a straight-through side-pipe on a daily basis with the Westie, I can say it gets old pretty quickly, (as does the tinitus!) - If I ever build another one it'll be electric. I'll never buy another ICE car; there's just nothing I really miss ...maybe the smell of a hot engine - That mix of fuel & oil vapour and warm rubber belts, but not that much; its a small price for instant torque and modern cars don't smell like that anyway.
Enyaq iV60 Loft 100kW Charging, Arc. Silver, Regulus 19", Heat Pump, Ass'd Drive Pack, Parking+, Drive Sport, Conv.+, Transport Pack

Order 2-11-21 - Built 22-08-22 - Collected 28-09-22 - Drive Fault 4-10-22 - Back to Dealer 18-10-22 - Fixed 17-11-22
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Like other posters (above) we have an ICE runaround: a basic Kia Picanto purchased shortly after the Enyaq. It is ideal for short journeys where parking is cramped. (And yes I am a bit precious about the Enyaq’s bodywork!) Increasingly though we are making more use of the Enyaq because it is so much cheaper to run (and such a lovely ride). Far from reverting to ICE we are more likely to buy a cheap fully electric replacement for the Picanto-if and when such a thing becomes available in this country.

Fossilnot
Chris_twm

Post by Chris_twm »

We’ve still got a 6 year old diesel Passat estate. Does for station runs for me (wife does most of the mileage with school runs etc), dump runs etc. When that goes we’ll go full EV, but that’s likely to be a long way off yet. Given how low mileage it is (30k on the clock) lifetime emissions of any vehicle mean that it’s more sound to keep that running than cut across now and sell it. Particularly true assuming whoever buys it is likely to drive it more
Rowly

Post by Rowly »

I dont intend to go back to an ICE car but I spend a lot of my free time riding around on classic Lambretta scooters (I own 4) so my Enyaq will ease my conscience about the clouds of 2-stoke fumes I leave in my wake ! ;) :oops:
iV80 Black Magic ecoSuite, Heat Pump, Convenience+, Sunroof, Assisted Drive +, Comfort Basic, Climate Basic, Transport, Infotainment+. Orderd 24/10/21 Caffyns Tunbridge Wells. Confirmed build WK40/22 - Delivered 12/12/22

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post